Running Power and Signal in same Conduit

Running Power and Signal in same Conduit

Post by Frank X.Ma » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

        It is against the National Electric Code to run power and
signal in the same raceway without a physical barrier between the two.

Running Power and Signal in same Conduit

Post by Word99 » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>    It is against the National Electric Code to run power and
>signal in the same raceway without a physical barrier between the two

If the power is bx armored, then its ok, other wise I wouldn't...separation
distance is 1 1/2"

1. T3000 appearance, power bricks <was: Telebit Trade-Ins>

RE:  external power 'bricks'...

One reason for the external power, I have been told, is that otherwise
if the power supply is within the modem, each modem design must be UL,
CSA, and whoever else approved.  This takes time and money.  On the other
hand, if the 110v (or whatever) is kept in the external transformer,
and only low voltage is allowed into the modem, all this time and
expense is avoided.  The manufacturer can purchase common transformers
that are already approved for all their modems.

2. ae fonts/package: Font shape TS1/aer/m/n' undefined

3. Metal conduit degrades Ethernet signals...?

4. Boston and Philly opps.

5. running an ethernet (thinnet) link over a power line (or power over thinnet)

6. New User with Cisco 804 Problem

7. Metal Conduit Degrades Ethernet Signals?

8. sensor arrays

9. Metal conduit degrades Ethernet signals...?

10. Conduits /data / power cables in auditorium floor?

11. Protecting short outdoor run of cat5e between conduit and demarc box

12. Can I run 100BT Cat 5 cable next to conduit?

13. Q: Conduit For Short UTP run between bldgs.