How do I stabilize DL speed?

Post by Alex » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to stabilize the DL speed with a particular registry key or
two? When I begin a dowload it will start off at about 300k but then fall to
70k in about 15or 20 sec.
Anyone kow why this happens or how to fix it?

How do I stabilize DL speed?

Post by John Nava » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:19:20

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems.cable; PLEASE REPLY THERE]

>Is there a way to stabilize the DL speed with a particular registry key or
>two? When I begin a dowload it will start off at about 300k but then fall to
>70k in about 15or 20 sec.
>Anyone kow why this happens or how to fix it?

The drop is just do to sampling error; i.e., the initial speed report is
overstated due to buffering.

See my webpage below for tips on increasing speed.

--
Best regards,
John Navas     <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

How do I stabilize DL speed?

Post by Craig Lando » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:19:23

> Is there a way to stabilize the DL speed with a particular registry key or
> two? When I begin a dowload it will start off at about 300k but then fall to
> 70k in about 15or 20 sec.
> Anyone kow why this happens or how to fix it?

"Fix it"????  What needs fixing???

How do I stabilize DL speed?

Post by Alex » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I wanted it to stay at 300k, wishful thinking I guess