Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Dude-cicl » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:46:19

I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able to
get any of my emails for the past month and a half.  I'm sending from a
yahoo address.

Is there something going on with Comcast's email servers, or are they set to
block incoming emails from certain domains?

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Bill Crocke » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:39:31

They've been assimilating users from AT&T.  It's put an obvious strain on
their system, as my e-mail here in Michigan has really deteriorated.

Bill Crocker

Quote:> I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able to

Post by Bit Twiste » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:40:20

> I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able to
> get any of my emails for the past month and a half.  I'm sending from a
> yahoo address.

> Is there something going on with Comcast's email servers, or are they set to
> block incoming emails from certain domains?

well I was converted from attbi to concast July 1.
I just tried a yahoo to my account on comcast and it works for me.
Maybe he has email filtering turned on in his comcast member services.

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Aud » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:06:59

In short - no - not for me today. Checking mail with my POP mailer
generates a password error, though I am able to log into member services
(same username/password.) When I even try and check webmail (not the way
I normally do it) it just hangs.

Yesterday they blacklisted forwarded mail from all sorts of places,
including the domain where I frequently forward mail to myself.  That
seemed to get cleared up last night, now it's just plain down.  On a
holiday, so I'm sure they're really working hard to fix it.

Wonder if I'll ever be able to send this post...

(I am, btw, not a former ATT user, have been on Comcast since they
absorbed Suburban Cable in the Philly suburbs some years ago.)

> I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able to
> get any of my emails for the past month and a half.  I'm sending from a
> yahoo address.

> Is there something going on with Comcast's email servers, or are they set to
> block incoming emails from certain domains?

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Dude-cicl » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:15:06

Bill:

I'm glad you responded - my friend lives in Michigan!!  Have you just not
been getting email from anyone, or exactly what sort of problems have you
been having?

> They've been assimilating users from AT&T.  It's put an obvious strain on
> their system, as my e-mail here in Michigan has really deteriorated.

> Bill Crocker

> > I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able
> > get any of my emails for the past month and a half.  I'm sending from a
> > yahoo address.

> > Is there something going on with Comcast's email servers, or are they
set
> > block incoming emails from certain domains?

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Bill Crocke » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:40:49

Some days, nothing.  Other days, just a few.  My overall e-mail is down
about 80%!  Plus, some eBay buyers have complained their e-mail to me, is
getting bounced.  I've been trying to be patient, but if it persist, it may
require a phone call.

Bill Crocker

> Bill:

> I'm glad you responded - my friend lives in Michigan!!  Have you just not
> been getting email from anyone, or exactly what sort of problems have you
> been having?

> > They've been assimilating users from AT&T.  It's put an obvious strain
on
> > their system, as my e-mail here in Michigan has really deteriorated.

> > Bill Crocker

> > > I have a friend who uses Comcast for his ISP, and he has not been able
> > > get any of my emails for the past month and a half.  I'm sending from
> > > yahoo address.

> > > Is there something going on with Comcast's email servers, or are they
> set
> > > block incoming emails from certain domains?

Are the Comcast email servers working okay?

Post by Dude-cicl » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:21:38

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll try emailing him from another address I have
to see if it goes through.

Post by Stev » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:36:36

>For the past few days there had been a problem with the spam filtering used
>by Comcast.

Is there any way to opt out of their spam filters?

Post by Bit Twiste » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:00:14

>>For the past few days there had been a problem with the spam filtering used
>>by Comcast.

> Is there any way to opt out of their spam filters?

Have you looked under the Service Center, Account Management on
www.comcast.net

Post by Roxbo » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:16:45

> >>For the past few days there had been a problem with the spam filtering used
> >>by Comcast.

> > Is there any way to opt out of their spam filters?

> Have you looked under the Service Center, Account Management on
> www.comcast.net

Actually there are two Service Centers, one for legacy customers and a new one for the ATTBI'ers
who transitioned to the Comcast domain on June 30.  You can only opt out of the spam filter
if you're in the new Service Center.  In the legacy Service Center there's no option to disable the spam filter.
(Which Service Center you end up in when you sign in at www.comcast.net depends on your login.)

The new Service Center has more options, including the ability to swap the primary with a secondary.
The expectation is legacy customers will be migrating to it eventually.  There are indications Comcast
has already begun the process to merge the two personal web page services (the legacy
mywebpages.comcast.net & the new home.comcast.net).

Roxboy

1. Connecting Netopia R910 to Comcast Cable internet - LinkSys works Okay...

I just got a new Netopia  R190 router. I had it set up in my Lab at
work with a Static WAN address and it eas talking to the internet and
my VPN Termination box with no issues...

I brought it home and configured the WAN port for DHCP and then tried
to get it to work inplace of my LinkSys Cable/DSL router.

It looks like it gets an address, though its Different then the one
the LinkSys Gets. Even though I have a DHCP Account setup with
ComCast, I've had the same IP address for several years. The Netopia
gets an address in a completely different subnet. Only the first
number in the address is the same.

I can ping the gaeway address (the x.y.z.1) address, though cannot
ping the WAN address it assigns to me.

Any Suggestions that I should try?

Thanks,
  Scott<-

2. 9404 D10 - DASD Expansion

3. Comcast South Jersey -Anyone getting E-mail @ comcast.net

4. slow reading Okidata OL400

5. comcast.net and non-comcast e-mail addresses

6. QNX6 Driver for Netgear FA310TX?

7. Problems sending email to AOL addresses from Comcast smtp server

8. Using OS/2 as a Gateway to the Internet

9. Comcast Email Server serving up doubles

10. OKAY, OKAY! ENOUGH already.

11. Okay, okay, how do I get my modem to _recognize_ call waiting?

12. I am looking for a shareware Telnet server that will work on NT4

13. unable to resolve *.comcast.net addresses using comcast dns servers