One way cable modem & Linksys Cable/DSL router

One way cable modem & Linksys Cable/DSL router

Post by Holmes Coope » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Will it work? I don't want to find out that it won't after buying it. I
posed this inquiry to Linksys but have not heard back yet. Thanks for any
input.

One way cable modem & Linksys Cable/DSL router

Post by Holmes Coope » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Nevermind. I get the bonehead award. Their FAQ says that it will.

Quote:> Will it work? I don't want to find out that it won't after buying it. I
> posed this inquiry to Linksys but have not heard back yet. Thanks for any
> input.

1. RCN One-Way Modem and Linksys Cable/DSL Router - 4 Port

To all,

I am coming from a Comcast 2-Way setup, so I am familiar with how to
use/setup the Linksys Modem.  Unfortunately, I have moved to an area
that is serviced by RCN, that only offers 1-Way Cable.

The Cable Modem itself is a 3Com US Robotics Cable Movedm - CMX, and
it has the 56KB Modem attached to it.  However, I am having a problem
hooking it into my Linksys Router, as the thing never seems to dial
the phone.

So, if anyone has experience with One-Way Cable, and can provide some
direction, I would appreciate it !!

2. Oz companies report to stock exchange

3. How to connect 2 cable/DSL routers to share 2 internet connections (DSL + Cable modem)?

4. Ping pile-up problem

5. Which cable to get for connecting DWL-1000AP and LinkSys BEFSR41 ETHERFAST CABLE/DSL ROUTER ?

6. Fixpacks w/ Connect?

7. Charter & Linksys - Having to reboot the Cable Modem and Linksys router

8. General Protection, 28Mb RAM, GCC 2.7.2-nosrbug, XEmacs19.14

9. How to connect 2 cable/DSL routers to share 2 internet connections (DSL + Cable modem)?

10. Linksys cable modem with Linksys router is SLOWER than with Com21 modem

11. Yet another low speed post with a Linksys Router (Linksys Cable/DSL VOIP - BEFN2PS4 )

12. Linksys Cable/DSL Router & Net Meeting