FTP problems

Post by J. Rot » Sun, 05 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone here had success setting up an FTP site? I'm using Optimum Online
and Serv-U software for the FTP. For some reason, no one can access my site.
I can access it fine on my own computer. I'm postive all the settings are
right on the server. I had heard though that people not on my network can't
access my computer. What's going on?

--

Joe

FTP problems

Post by da.. » Sun, 05 Jul 1998 04:00:00

: Has anyone here had success setting up an FTP site? I'm using Optimum Online
: and Serv-U software for the FTP. For some reason, no one can access my site.
: I can access it fine on my own computer. I'm postive all the settings are
: right on the server. I had heard though that people not on my network can't
: access my computer. What's going on?

 When I was using windows with my old provider, I had a problem ftping from
work with one ftpdeamon, but when I swithched to another deamon, it worked
fine.

 That was over a year ago, so I don't recall which servers I was using at
the time. Try another server to see if it works.

--

 --> http://www.distributed.net/rc5 <-- The worlds fastest computer
---> http://www.eyegive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1098&MID=3229

FTP problems

Post by Christopher Chl » Mon, 06 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Has anyone here had success setting up an FTP site? I'm using Optimum Online
>and Serv-U software for the FTP. For some reason, no one can access my site.
>I can access it fine on my own computer. I'm postive all the settings are
>right on the server. I had heard though that people not on my network can't
>access my computer. What's going on?

Maybe you haven't set up your server to support PASV mode FTP. That's the mode
used by WEB Browsers to access ftp sites.

Another problem might be that if your computer is using one of the following
addresses, it won't be visible to the Internet:

10.x.y.z
172.16.x.y - 172.31.x.y
192.168.x.y

Chris.

Christopher Chlap
University of Canberra, Australia

http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~chrisc/nat32.html

FTP problems

Post by <slam.. » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Has anyone here had success setting up an FTP site? I'm using Optimum
Online
>and Serv-U software for the FTP. For some reason, no one can access my
site.
>I can access it fine on my own computer. I'm postive all the settings are
>right on the server. I had heard though that people not on my network can't
>access my computer. What's going on?

>--

Could also be the fact that cablevision has everything set up through a
firewall..
Hence..NO Ftp Servers and no dcc transfers (mirc)

oh well..

1. newsserver problems and ftp problems with RoadRunner (Charlotte, NC)...

hello ,

i just got my Roadrunner service installed yesterday, and i seem to be
able to connect to the Web (web pages) with Netscape4.51 and IE5.0
with no problems...E-mail seems to be working with Outlook Express and
got that configured fine...by the way im using NTServer sp4...

But,

i am unable to connect to the RoadRunner newsserver at all...the name
of the server is "news-server"...i know that the port is 119 and i
seem to have it configured properly within Outlook Express...i can
ping the news-server fine...but when i scan port 119 there is no
connect at all...ok this is strange, when i connect with my old
service provider , Mindspring, i can ping fine AND i can scan port 119
and connect to port 119 (but denied access because im trying to access
the newsserver from outside the RoadRunner network)....seems like
there is something funky going on from inside the RoadRunner
network....any ideas??

ok,
i can connect to ftp sites with Netscape4.51 or IE5.0 just fine,
but i can't connect to ftp sites using a stand alone Ftp program such
as CuteFTP or WS_FTP (ive tried both of them)....i gone through some
of the Firewall settings with no luck...not sure really how to
configure either one properly....maybe someone can help me out....

also, IRC chat i cannot get to work either, using mIRC..

thanks for any input or ideas

Robert

2. memoir, header and footer position

3. ASA & FTP Problem

4. "C" Security Levels

5. Very strange ftp problems through 1700 router.

6. YAMAHA CDR 200t

7. Cisco 2522 NAT HSRP and active FTP problems

8. SFII Codes

9. Cisco Firewall Newbie with Passive FTP problems

10. CBAC ftp problem

11. PIX Passive FTP Problem

12. ftp problem on NAT ( corrected message )

13. FTP Problem