can both computers join the same servers in quake 2

can both computers join the same servers in quake 2

Post by toka » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

   im getting ready to hook my computers
together to use my cable modem, is it
possible for both coputers to connect
to the same server? should i use wingate
or sygate? whats the advantages over the
other. my cable company charges for more
ip's :(
 thanks

can both computers join the same servers in quake 2

Post by Cory R. Ki » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

In a word, yes - you can connect 2+ computers on your "intranet" to
the same quake (or q2) server.

I've always done it through my linux box /w IP masquerading, which
handles the quake sessions quite well, as for Wingate or other of
those winblows proxy programs, I don't know...

Get yourself a linux box set up, then we can talk!

Hope this Helps!

Cory R. King

Fight Spam! Become part of the solution - it's easy!-
http://www.ao.net/waytosuccess/nospam.html

Post by Eduard Guzovsk » Mon, 06 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>    im getting ready to hook my computers
> together to use my cable modem, is it
> possible for both coputers to connect
> to the same server? should i use wingate
> or sygate? whats the advantages over the
> other. my cable company charges for more
> ip's :(
>  thanks

Our NAT1000 IP address translator will let you do it.
A 15 day free trial version and a screen by screen
installation example are available at http://www.nevod.com

-Ed

1. Win2k Adv Server and Internal Quake Servers or Ftp servers

Hello, thanks in advance for your time. I am using win2k advanced server to
share my dsl connection via software routing.( I believe, I am not sure how
to tell if I am using routing or ICS) Also using DHCP. I want to run a quake
or ftp server from an internal machine. But I do not know where to configure
it. I need to have a request to the servers port 27960 be forwarded to an
internal ip (192.168.1.125) Any help would be appreciated. I know that I
have to disable DHCP. Also my computers are able to connect to the internet
but they are not able to see eachother in network neighborhood. (1 win2k
machine the other is a winME machine.)

Thanks
Justin

2. Required version of DBI?

3. Computer Break-Ins: Your Right to Know

4. Bridge IDs for different VLANs?

5. How do I setup Wingate To Let Quake World @ Quake Spy Through?

6. Network Neighborhood Visibility

7. Computer Companies Join ISDN Pricing Fray

8. ZoneAlarm hangs and blocks DNS

9. Computer Underground Digest To Join Usenet

10. Win2k-joining a home computer to company network

11. join three computers safely

12. Accesing Computers / joining Domain fails due to DNS