Las Vegas - Prime Cable cable modem setup

Las Vegas - Prime Cable cable modem setup

Post by Cove7 » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Prime Cable here in Vegas offers cable modem service. I am looking for
suggestions for NIC cards. I will have two systems netted up thru one hub, then
three in a month or so.
Anyone done this before?

Thanx

Las Vegas - Prime Cable cable modem setup

Post by Prime_TroubleMa.. » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Prime Cable here in Vegas offers cable modem service. I am looking for
>suggestions for NIC cards. I will have two systems netted up thru one hub, then
>three in a month or so.
>Anyone done this before?

>Thanx

I am using 3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100 Mb TX   nic's and a 3Com
Office Connect TCP 8 port hub.
 You can have up to 8 computers at a time hooked up.

==============================
  To answer via E-Mail..Take out the Trash!

         DEATH to SPAM!
          ICQ# 8600369
==============================

1. Prime Cable's Cable Modem Service -- Las Vegas area

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone out there is using Prime Cable's cable modem
service in the Las Vegas area.  In a few weeks I'll be moving into a
new home that is in an area that is cable modem ready and am looking
forward to ditching this 56k modem.  I'd like any kind of feedback you
could provide about their service.

Thanks for your time..and in the coming months I think I'll be posting
quite a bit in this newsgroup...looking forward to some speed
finally..

Steven

2. Client Auth

3. Las Vegas Prime Cable

4. Installation problems with IDE HD>8GB

5. Newbie: Las Vegas Cable Modems

6. QModem Pro WIN and OS/2

7. Group study in Las Vegas

8. RGB to HSV...

9. Cisco VPN client from Palms Las Vegas not working

10. CelluCom 94 in Las Vegas just days before Comdex

11. PCS in Las Vegas ?

12. 1800SKYTEL2 Blocked in Las Vegas

13. Las Vegas Pay Phones