Belkin 6231-4 Gateway/router and zoom modem problem

Belkin 6231-4 Gateway/router and zoom modem problem

Post by Justin Seifer » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:40:07

I have a zoom cable modem with Charter Pipeline service which works
fine with direct connect to computer. However, when I insert my Belkin
wireless gateway router in the mix, I get no outbound connectivity.
Talked with Belkin which was a waste of time. Trying to figure out if
configuration issue or just baked router.

The wired and wireless LAN connections all "see" the router, get DHCP
addresses, etc. The LAN connections to the router are throttled to 10T
per advice I've gotten from Belkin and on the net. The WAN and connect
lights of the router are on but blinking constantly and regularly. The
10/100 light on the modem is on and the modem is synched.

The router seems to be setup correctly- Dynamic connection, I've
hardcoded the DNS in case that was the problem and cloned the primary
computer's MAC address. However, if I try to ping beyond the router I
get a "no route to host" error. Of course names are resolved so no
connectivity from machines on LAN. Seems like the router isn't
"routing".

ANy ideas on what the problem might be or failing that is there a way
to directly test the connection from the router to the modem or to
diagnose what's up?

Belkin 6231-4 Gateway/router and zoom modem problem

Post by Bit Twiste » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:54:53

Quote:> I have a zoom cable modem with Charter Pipeline service which works
> fine with direct connect to computer. However, when I insert my Belkin
> wireless gateway router in the mix, I get no outbound connectivity.
> Talked with Belkin which was a waste of time. Trying to figure out if
> configuration issue or just baked router.

> The wired and wireless LAN connections all "see" the router, get DHCP
> addresses, etc. The LAN connections to the router are throttled to 10T
> per advice I've gotten from Belkin and on the net. The WAN and connect
> lights of the router are on but blinking constantly and regularly. The
> 10/100 light on the modem is on and the modem is synched.

> The router seems to be setup correctly- Dynamic connection, I've
> hardcoded the DNS in case that was the problem and cloned the primary
> computer's MAC address. However, if I try to ping beyond the router I
> get a "no route to host" error. Of course names are resolved so no
> connectivity from machines on LAN. Seems like the router isn't
> "routing".

> ANy ideas on what the problem might be or failing that is there a way
> to directly test the connection from the router to the modem or to
> diagnose what's up?

Did you power down the cable modem for a minute by the clock
with the router connected.

Belkin 6231-4 Gateway/router and zoom modem problem

Post by Justin Seifer » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:55:24

I'll try this (by the clock). I have powered down the cable modem
overnight then tried to do a reboot- router running, reboot modem,
reboot router, reboot computer. WHile computer seems to be able to
obtain IP/DNS via DHCP, the router doesn't. While I don't have a means
to test, I suspect the WAN blinking is repeated attempts by router to
obtain DHCP info...I have cloned the MAC address so don't think that's
an issue. This is very vexing...

> > I have a zoom cable modem with Charter Pipeline service which works
> > fine with direct connect to computer. However, when I insert my Belkin
> > wireless gateway router in the mix, I get no outbound connectivity.
> > Talked with Belkin which was a waste of time. Trying to figure out if
> > configuration issue or just baked router.

> > The wired and wireless LAN connections all "see" the router, get DHCP
> > addresses, etc. The LAN connections to the router are throttled to 10T
> > per advice I've gotten from Belkin and on the net. The WAN and connect
> > lights of the router are on but blinking constantly and regularly. The
> > 10/100 light on the modem is on and the modem is synched.

> > The router seems to be setup correctly- Dynamic connection, I've
> > hardcoded the DNS in case that was the problem and cloned the primary
> > computer's MAC address. However, if I try to ping beyond the router I
> > get a "no route to host" error. Of course names are resolved so no
> > connectivity from machines on LAN. Seems like the router isn't
> > "routing".

> > ANy ideas on what the problem might be or failing that is there a way
> > to directly test the connection from the router to the modem or to
> > diagnose what's up?

> Did you power down the cable modem for a minute by the clock
> with the router connected.

1. Belkin 4 port dsl/cable router gateway - firmware upgrade failed, dead

I installed the firmware upgrade.
Now it is dead (does not work and will not let me access the html internal
setup screen - will not do any dhcp service)
Reset button does not work.  That is very bad.
Link lights do work and indicate attempts from the attached computer/s.

2. caption & \listoffigures

3. Belkin Wireless Router/Gateway

4. Detecting memory-leaks

5. cable modem (surfboard)- router(belkin) problem

6. Sportster v34+

7. Belkin 4-port dsl/cable router problems

8. New TrgPro (Handera)? Any info?

9. Cable Speed drop w/ Belkin Gateway

10. VPN on Belkin F5D6230-3 Wireless Gateway

11. Belkin Gateway as VPN

12. Belkin Wireless Notebook Card to Linksys Wireless Access Point Router

13. Belkin Router not letting me send