Secure File Sharing

Post by Roge » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:09:35

Hi, Does anyone know of a quality file sharing program that offers secure
transfers and is free.

I have found that Drop Chute Lite (from Shareware.com) is very useful,
however the free lite version does not offer encryption.

If you know of something similar, please post.  Thanks

Secure File Sharing

Post by Jury Kartamyshe » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:55:32

SSH2 include ssh & sftp client, academic license is free

Quote:> Hi, Does anyone know of a quality file sharing program that offers secure
> transfers and is free.

> I have found that Drop Chute Lite (from Shareware.com) is very useful,
> however the free lite version does not offer encryption.

> If you know of something similar, please post.  Thanks

Secure File Sharing

Post by Roge » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 05:02:50

Thank you for responding.  I now have the SSH client and SSH file transfer
client.  So far, I don't know how to connect the two computers.

Niether is a "server".  I just want to different computers, running SSH ftp
to be able to securely transfer files back and forth to each other.

Could you explain how to do so? Or point me to some info that can (simplier
the better!!)??