Adelphia Cable Modem - Firewalls

Post by Poke » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

What type of a firewall are you using hardware or software with your
Adelphia cable modem?

There are some low cost hardware fire walls for $100 to $200. Is anyone
using one?

How did you set it up?

What does adelphia have to do re MAC address?

Thanks: Pokey

Adelphia Cable Modem - Firewalls

Post by Bit Twist » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Using $4 linux ipchains firewall between cable modem and hub.
Windows box hooked to hub using ZoneAlarm $0 firewall from
http://www.zonelabs.com/

>What type of a firewall are you using hardware or software with your
>Adelphia cable modem?

>There are some low cost hardware fire walls for $100 to $200. Is anyone
>using one?

>How did you set it up?

>What does adelphia have to do re MAC address?

1. Adelphia Cable Modem, Router and Firewall Suggestions?

I will be obtaining Adelphia's Power Link service in Central
Pennsylvania soon.

I have a laptop PC running Windows XP, that I will use with the Power
Link service.  Additionally, I will want to use Microsoft Outlook (not
Outlook Express) as my e-mail application.

I would appreciate your recommendations about what cable modem, router
and firewall to purchase for use with the Power Link service.  Also,
your suggestions as to how to physically connect the laptop (not
wireless) are welcome.

Lastly, if you have any suggestions as to what devices to avoid, I
would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you.

2. FP26, PMMERGE & SimCityOS2

3. Advice on @home Cable Modem Service in Santa Monica, CA (Adelphia Cable)

4. Redirected Blocks

5. Adelphia Cable Modem "Powerlink" is now blocking port 80

6. WTB: A1200 Accelerator

7. Carlsbad Adelphia uses FiberCom a third party contractor to install Powerlink cable modems.

8. Post This

9. Adelphia cable modem, behind router

10. Linux in Adelphia Cable Modem

11. Can't be pinged with Adelphia cable modem?

12. adelphia/surfboard cable modem/asante router... help needed

13. Why can't I get cable modem service from Adelphia?