Not Wingate, WinProxy

Post by Timote » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

If you want ease of use then Sygate is the winner (also more compatibility)
however if you want something configurable then WinGate is the answer.  I
personally go with WinGate because it allows me more administration and the
client computers only surf the web and do e-mail.  If the client computers
were more into ICQ and stuff then I would go with Sygate.

>For all those struggling with WinGate,
>go to http://www.winproxy.com
>and download winproxy.

>I got it working in 10 minutes!!!!
>It's not as complex or powerful as Wingate,
>but it WORKS!!!

>-Michael Roy

Not Wingate, WinProxy

Post by RoyBo » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

For all those struggling with WinGate,
go to http://www.winproxy.com
and download winproxy.

I got it working in 10 minutes!!!!
It's not as complex or powerful as Wingate,
but it WORKS!!!

-Michael Roy

1. problems w/ winproxy,wingate?

I don't know which group would be best for this questions, so...

I setup WinGate on my Windows NT 4.0 Server.  Although I got it to work
with little frustration, I started having a problem where my connection
would seem to go away.  If I waited the amount of time set in my
inactivity timeout, so the connection on the ISDN modem would drop, and
then try the connection again, it would work.

I had mail problems with getting mail to work with WinGate, so I
downloaded and tried WinProxy instead.  However, I still notice the
problem of the connection going away.  And, WinProxy seems only to dial
one channel of the ISDN (so I'm only getting 64K connects).

I'm guessing I have a problem with how my TCP/IP is configured.  And I'm
wondering if there is something I can do to make WinProxy dial on both
ISDN channels (BTW, when I select the connection via Dial-up Networking,
the very same one I tell WinProxy to use, I get a 128K connection).

Thanks,
Phil

2. Style file for references of Journal of Polymer Science

3. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)

4. Scrollbar-especially used

5. Winproxy wingate help

6. Epson 740i printer not used for 2.5 years. Saveable?

7. WinGate or WinProxy for multiple computer connections to cablemodem

8. FS: PCMCIA SCSI card

9. help! wingate not working properly.

10. Cisco VPN Client to VPN3030 through WinGate does not work

11. Cisco 3640 3620 3600 not detecting, not enabling, not working: NM-2FE2W

12. It's Not Chic, Not 212 and Sometimes Not Working