Krone - differences?

Post by Jennifer Moor » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:56:32

hi people

I've seen some references to Krone gear that left me with the
impression that Krone IDC blocks (on the back of a patch bay, for
instance) are significantly different from most other manufacturers.
Is that right, and if so what's the difference?  (e.g. any advantages /
different tools / any compatibility issues with other stuff)  Or are
they really the same and I've got the wrong impression somehow?

thanks in advance

--
      Jennifer      * * * *  original music:  www.single-bass.co.uk *
                    * *  everything else:  www.uncharted-worlds.org *

Krone - differences?

Post by Justin Ti » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:31:34

> hi people

> I've seen some references to Krone gear that left me with the
> impression that Krone IDC blocks (on the back of a patch bay, for
> instance) are significantly different from most other manufacturers.
> Is that right, and if so what's the difference?  (e.g. any advantages /
> different tools / any compatibility issues with other stuff)  Or are
> they really the same and I've got the wrong impression somehow?

> thanks in advance

The method Krone uses to hold the wire in place is different from
others.  Look at the brochure and you can see the Krone contacts are
offset 45 degrees from the horizontal plane so they don't pinch the
conductor between the IDC contacts.

http://209.123.23.75/pdf/brochure_pdf/bro_tnscs.pdf

And yes, it does take different tools, they use an "insertion" tool
rather than a "punch-down" tool.  The end of the cable is snipped with
a pair of scissors rather than cut off with a cleaver against a hard
surface.

Is one better?  Some say so, but then its what you are familiar with.

Rodgers Platt

Krone - differences?

Post by Jennifer Moor » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:51:33

Quote:>The method Krone uses to hold the wire in place is different from
>others.  Look at the brochure and you can see the Krone contacts are
>offset 45 degrees from the horizontal plane so they don't pinch the
>conductor between the IDC contacts.

aha
thanks for that

--
      Jennifer      * * * *  original music:  www.single-bass.co.uk *
                    * *  everything else:  www.uncharted-worlds.org *
                    * * * * * * intuition . imagination . integrity *
                    * * * * * * * * *  love counts more than gender *

Krone - differences?

Post by Semoore Freel » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:22:42

Are you affiliated with Just In Time Communications that is mentioned on
"Monster House" on Discovery channel?

Krone - differences?

Post by Justin Ti » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:27:21

> Are you affiliated with Just In Time Communications that is mentioned on
> "Monster House" on Discovery channel?

Justin Time is one of my posting names, like Semoore Freely is
probably one of yours.

Rodgers Platt

Krone - differences?

Post by Cat5installe » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:08:38

> > Are you affiliated with Just In Time Communications that is mentioned on
> > "Monster House" on Discovery channel?

> Justin Time is one of my posting names, like Semoore Freely is
> probably one of yours.

> Rodgers Platt

Oh well, I too thought we might have a celebrity amongst us. You know,
besides Macy "The Celebrity" Hallock.

Krone - differences?

Post by Macy Hallo » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:48:41

+---------------

Quote:> > Justin Time is one of my posting names, like Semoore Freely is
> > probably one of yours.

> Oh well, I too thought we might have a celebrity amongst us. You know,
> besides Macy "The Celebrity" Hallock.

I've been called a lot of things before in my many years on usenet,
some good, some bad. But never a celebrity.

--
 Macy M. Hallock, Jr. - APK Net - Tel:216.241.7166 - Fax:216.241.7522

Krone - differences?

Post by Andy Kell » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:54:55

Quote:> And yes, it does take different tools, they use an "insertion" tool
> rather than a "punch-down" tool.  The end of the cable is snipped with
> a pair of scissors rather than cut off with a cleaver against a hard
> surface.

Depends on which tool you use. If you use the cheap tool you will need to
cut the wires after insertion. You can use the 13A wiring tool which inserts
and cuts the wire in a single operation.

1. WARNING Re: Douglas Krone

WARNING
^^^^^^^
If you are contemplating purchasing a Dynalink modem then there is
 something you should know.

I have had personal experience with him and I warn that he cannot
 be trusted and is likely to rip you off.

Please pass this message on to anyone else thinking of purchasing
 a modem so these practices can be stamped out.

Hope I have saved you a lot of trouble (and money).

2. synchronization in replication of mysql5.1.15

3. **WARNING** Re: Douglas Krone

4. Jobsbridge - QA Jobs Update 27th July

5. WARNING Re: D. Krone

6. Page Mode Zips needed!!

7. A WARNING Re: Douglas Krone

8. Fatal Error in Palm Vx