Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

Post by Valentín Guillé » Wed, 22 May 2002 13:43:14

Which Comcast service do I have?  Comcast Rust or Comcast Tarnish?

My service is increasingly "flaky", my email is very unreliable, my
usenet service, provided by Giganews, is always stalling on me, and
worse.  So which one am I being provided with? Why does my cable modem
sometimes seem lock up?  The indicator lights remain fine, but my
streaming media dies like clockwork for a few seconds, and if I run a
netstat, it indicates that my connection is lost for a few seconds on a
very regular and consistent basis.  So, is this Comcast "Rust" service,
or is it Comcast "Tarnish" service?

And if I wish reliable, consistent email, will I need to subscribe to
Comcast "Diamond" or to Comcast "Platinum" service, at maybe
$80~100/month?

And Usenet?  If I wish the same level of service and reliability I used
to get with my 20 buck/month dialup service, will I NEED  to subscribe
to Comcast "Uranium" or to Comcast "Plutonium" service, at maybe
$150~200/month?

If I need a streaming media connection which doesn't disconnect me at
the headend router like clockwork, is that Comcast "Neptune" or Comcast
"Pluto" service, at maybe $800~$1,000/month?

And when it comes to "tech support", if I really need, or even desire
someone who can actually discuss any technical issue with fluency and
knowlege, is it Comcast "Alpha-Centauri" or is it Comcast "Andromeda"
service, and I'm quite certain that it's the package which goes for
perhaps $5,000~$10,000/month, isn't it?

Sheesh!  I think it's time to go back to my RELIABLE, always DEPENDABLE,
CONSISTENT, and INEXPENSIVE dialup account which was only setting me
back my $20.00/month!

This Comcast "thing" is a flippin joke!

--
Valentn Guilln
Earth - a subsidiary of Microsoft?

Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

Post by Jim Orfanako » Wed, 22 May 2002 19:08:55

Welcome back :- )

--

To reply via e-mail, remove the "-nospam-" from the return e-mail address

[...]

Post by ..John...McElwee. » Wed, 22 May 2002 21:17:03

Hey, where ya been?

Anyway, I must have the Pluto (or was that Goofy?) service because my
email is getting to me and going where I send it.

My Giganews has never stalled.

I did have a brief (I don't know how long but at least a few hours)
interuption in service one afternoon last week, But that's the only
time that it's done that in the 3-4 months I've been on.

Maybe things are better here in the MidAtlanic area (Philly).

On Tue, 21 May 2002 04:43:14 GMT, Valentn Guilln

>Which Comcast service do I have?  Comcast Rust or Comcast Tarnish?

>My service is increasingly "flaky", my email is very unreliable, my
>usenet service, provided by Giganews, is always stalling on me, and
>worse.  So which one am I being provided with? Why does my cable modem
>sometimes seem lock up?  The indicator lights remain fine, but my
>streaming media dies like clockwork for a few seconds, and if I run a
>netstat, it indicates that my connection is lost for a few seconds on a
>very regular and consistent basis.  So, is this Comcast "Rust" service,
>or is it Comcast "Tarnish" service?

>And if I wish reliable, consistent email, will I need to subscribe to
>Comcast "Diamond" or to Comcast "Platinum" service, at maybe
>$80~100/month?

>And Usenet?  If I wish the same level of service and reliability I used
>to get with my 20 buck/month dialup service, will I NEED  to subscribe
>to Comcast "Uranium" or to Comcast "Plutonium" service, at maybe
>$150~200/month?

>If I need a streaming media connection which doesn't disconnect me at
>the headend router like clockwork, is that Comcast "Neptune" or Comcast
>"Pluto" service, at maybe $800~$1,000/month?

>And when it comes to "tech support", if I really need, or even desire
>someone who can actually discuss any technical issue with fluency and
>knowlege, is it Comcast "Alpha-Centauri" or is it Comcast "Andromeda"
>service, and I'm quite certain that it's the package which goes for
>perhaps $5,000~$10,000/month, isn't it?

>Sheesh!  I think it's time to go back to my RELIABLE, always DEPENDABLE,
>CONSISTENT, and INEXPENSIVE dialup account which was only setting me
>back my $20.00/month!

>This Comcast "thing" is a flippin joke!

Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

Post by Dan Cottle » Thu, 23 May 2002 00:31:34

Quote:> Which Comcast service do I have?  Comcast Rust or Comcast Tarnish?

> My service is increasingly "flaky", my email is very unreliable, my
> usenet service, provided by Giganews, is always stalling on me,

Now ya'll jus hol on a minute there bucko... According to Jonah Barron

posts in alt.binaries.news-server-comparison, there are NO problems with
the Giganews service.  It is working PERFECTLY.  And he is unanimous in
that!

Quote:> Why does my cable modem sometimes seem lock up?  The indicator lights
> remain fine, but my streaming media dies like clockwork for a few
> seconds, and if I run a netstat, it indicates that my connection is
> lost for a few seconds on a very regular and consistent basis.  So,
> is this Comcast "Rust" service, or is it Comcast "Tarnish" service?

It's Comcast's "We've Read Your Posts On USENET" service!

Quote:> And if I wish reliable, consistent email, will I need to subscribe to
> Comcast "Diamond" or to Comcast "Platinum" service, at maybe
> $80~100/month?

Yes.  For the extra $60/month, you still have to use the same servers,
but when you call to complain they only connect you to the tech support
reps with the * voices.

Quote:> Sheesh!  I think it's time to go back to my RELIABLE, always
> DEPENDABLE, CONSISTENT, and INEXPENSIVE dialup account which was only
> setting me back my $20.00/month!

> This Comcast "thing" is a flippin joke!

Ah, the need for speed...

- Dan.