Comcast Cable Modem manual (RCA)

Post by kd.. » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:33:59

I have just signed up with Comcast. I had a bit of a problem with the cable
modem, RCA DCM 305. IS there an omline manual for this modem? RCA web site
says check with Comcast. The information Comcast left with the modem is
useless.

Al Schmidt

Comcast Cable Modem manual (RCA)

Post by Giles Harne » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:53:40

Quote:> I have just signed up with Comcast. I had a bit of a problem with the
cable
> modem, RCA DCM 305.

what type of problem?

Post by Warre » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:41:43

> I have just signed up with Comcast. I had a bit of a problem with the
cable
> modem, RCA DCM 305. IS there an omline manual for this modem? RCA web
site
> says check with Comcast. The information Comcast left with the modem
is
> useless.

As a user, you can connect and disconnect the cables, press the standby
button, and press the reset button. Doesn't take much of a manual to
cover that.

What kind of a "problem" do you have, and why do you think it's the
modem and not something else?

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Webhosting: 500MB Space, 30G Transfer, 7.95/mo.
http://www.holzemville.com/refer/

Comcast Cable Modem manual (RCA)

Post by kd.. » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:54:02

The modem had all light blinking in unison. I want to know if its the
service, my modem, the link,  All kinds of reasons to want to know what the
error lights on the modem mean.

AL Schmidt

Post by Warre » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:48:49

> The modem had all light blinking in unison. I want to know if its the
> service, my modem, the link,  All kinds of reasons to want to know
what the
> error lights on the modem mean.

That means the modem has not acquired either a downstream or an upstream
signal. Nothing wrong with the modem. It's the service. And unless
you've disconnected the coax, this is an issue for your provider to
address. This is similar to picking-up a phone and not getting a dial
tone.

--
Warren H.

==========

Post by a use » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:53:52

> The modem had all light blinking in unison. I want to know if its the
> service, my modem, the link,  All kinds of reasons to want to know what the
> error lights on the modem mean.

Does the unison blinking ever stop?  My rca 215 manual says that there are
2 stages where all the leds are blinking: 1) prior to the initialization
process and 2) when the modem configuration is complete and is "registering"
as-configured with the Cable Operator; once complete, the lights will
stop flashing and enter operational mode.

Comcast Cable Modem manual (RCA)

Post by kd.. » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:27:52

Thanks, I had called Cpmcast, they dispatched a technician. Noon till
8:00pm...... About two hours later service started. (I heard email arrive).
Called Comcast & cancelled the call. Now all is well once again.

Thanks All

1. Poor Connection - Linksys Wireless Router & Comcast RCA Cable Modem

I can't get a good connection to the internet through the Linksys
BEFW11S4v2 wireless router and the RCA DCM245 Comcast Cable Modem.
When I ping I usually get a 50% data loss through the router.
Connecting the cable modem directly to my win 2000 computer I get a
very fast and solid connection.  The link between my computer and the
router seems solid and fast as well.  The problem seems to be between
the router and the cable modem.

I've spent about two days working on this and have exhausted the
expertise at Linksys tech support. They suggested I exchange the
router, which I did and I still have the same problem.  Firmware in
the router is current.  Comcast tech support is no help.

Not trying anything fancy, textbook installation using Linksys
documentation.  Has anyone else run into this?  Can anyone suggest
another wireless router that they know will work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. IDEAS 9...

3. Radio Shack/Comcast Deal = $75 RCA Cable Modem

4. Commerical Implementation

5. @HOME, Comcast & Thompson RCA Cable Modem

6. Session counter

7. Comcast/RCA Modem: Security Problem?

8. HELP! M1 Tank Platoon disk is bad!

9. flashing Cable light on RCA Cable Modem

10. Troubleshooting Cable Modem system (RCA modem)

11. Comcast / Radio Shack/ RCA DCM226 offer

12. RCA cable modem

13. RCA Cable Modem DCM226 + Microsoft WLAN Router MN500 - How to Set up??