Comcast & FTP Software

Comcast & FTP Software

Post by John » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:16:26



Anyone know what information goes into the "Host Address " in CuteFTP to be
able to access your Comcast Web Space. It should be something like
members.comcast.net or a reasonable facsimile.
 
 
 

Comcast & FTP Software

Post by Don Girar » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:20:31



Quote:> Anyone know what information goes into the "Host Address " in
CuteFTP to be
> able to access your Comcast Web Space. It should be something
like
> members.comcast.net or a reasonable facsimile.

mywebpages.comcast.net

 
 
 

Comcast & FTP Software

Post by That Lar » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:09:54




Quote:>Anyone know what information goes into the "Host Address " in CuteFTP to be
>able to access your Comcast Web Space. It should be something like
>members.comcast.net or a reasonable facsimile.

Could be CuteFTP's spyware.  Go to www.lavasoft.de and download
AdAware to scrape the *off your shoes.  I don't know if CuteFTP
will run without its spyware running, though.  Cute programs all had
spyware on them, last time I looked...Even if you UNINSTALL it the
damned spyware still pays Cute's author his cut.......

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.

 
 
 

Comcast & FTP Software

Post by Don Girar » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:42:47



Quote:> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:16:26 -0500, "John D"



> >Anyone know what information goes into the "Host Address " in
CuteFTP to be
> >able to access your Comcast Web Space. It should be something
like
> >members.comcast.net or a reasonable facsimile.

> Could be CuteFTP's spyware.  Go to www.lavasoft.de and download
> AdAware to scrape the *off your shoes.  I don't know if
CuteFTP
> will run without its spyware running, though.  Cute programs all
had
> spyware on them, last time I looked...Even if you UNINSTALL it
the
> damned spyware still pays Cute's author his cut.......

> Larry

> Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
> You can tell because they never tried to contact us.

Larry,  Thanks for the heads up.  I hadn't checked my system for
some time (usually careful about what I install) so I downloaded
and ran "ad-aware 5.83" which found 8 items all of which were
cookies.  I delete cookies about every other day so I guess I'm
not too bad off.

John D,  If your still following this thread, I apologize, I'm
running WS_FTP LE which seems to be spyware free.  WS_FTP LE is
free to home users at http://www.veryComputer.com/

Don

 
 
 

Comcast & FTP Software

Post by That Lar » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:43:51


On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:42:47 -0500, "Don Girard"


>John D,  If your still following this thread, I apologize, I'm
>running WS_FTP LE which seems to be spyware free.  WS_FTP LE is
>free to home users at http://www.veryComputer.com/

>Don

WSFTP and its LE are both spyware free.  Cute-FTP and anything else is
not....(c;

Glad you got AdAware.  If you don't have it, prevent cookies and
webbug nonsense with WebWasher from www.webwasher.com.  It's an html
proxy that sits between the browser and the net and filters out the
*coming in while fooling the html spam callers into thinking they
got the spam server they were looking for.  Speeds up a dialup
connection a lot!

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.