How abot a Mac specific cable modem newsgroup

How abot a Mac specific cable modem newsgroup

Post by Norm Rechtm » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

It seems as almost everyone here is a PC user and there answers and posts
don't address the MAC, how about a new group for MACS,

How abot a Mac specific cable modem newsgroup

Post by Jimmy Madd » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> >It seems as almost everyone here is a PC user and there answers and posts
> >don't address the MAC, how about a new group for MACS,

I'll second that! :)  Although some of the posts are generic, most are geared toward the Windows crowd. which I can understand seeing as there are more of them.  Anyone know of any Mac-specific web sites that deal with cable modems ? (which are GREAT! I love mine!)

--
I don't do Windows(c).
Replace NOSPAM with jmadden to email me.

How abot a Mac specific cable modem newsgroup

Post by gre » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Why not start your own group...Then you and the other Mac Users can
swap stories...

>> >It seems as almost everyone here is a PC user and there answers and posts
>> >don't address the MAC, how about a new group for MACS,

>I'll second that! :)  Although some of the posts are generic, most are geared toward the Windows crowd. which I can understand seeing as there are more of them.  Anyone know of any Mac-specific web sites that deal with cable modems ? (which are GREAT! I love mine!)

How abot a Mac specific cable modem newsgroup

Post by Brian M. Trot » Wed, 01 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I don't really see any need for a separate group. The traffic here
isn't that great and I certainly don't discriminate against Mac users,
or anyone else for that matter. Hell, if you wan't to get your C64 or
TI99/4A connected to a cable modem, you're welcome to ask any time.

If you really want a separate group though, you're welcome to go
through the hassle.

Brian

Quote:>It seems as almost everyone here is a PC user and there answers and posts
>don't address the MAC, how about a new group for MACS,

Brian M. Trotta
Founder: comp.dcom.modems.cable
The newsgroup about cable internet access.

When replying, please remove the spam killer from my e-mail address.

I work for me. I speak for me. That's the way I like it.

1. Help with Cable Cable Modem and Newsgroups

I have both a cable access ISP and a dialup account with a different provider.
The news feed with the cable ISP is poor and after 2 months of asking there is
no improvement in sight.

The news feed with my dialup provider is stellar compared to the cable
provider and the public news servers I have tried.  I have asked the dialup
ISP if I can access thier news server through my cable connection to gain the
benefit of the speed of the cable modem and they have told me NO.  I am
wondering if someone knows of a way that this is possible to use my cable
modem to access my dialup news server that my dialup ISP may not want me to
know about, preferable a legitimate way in but I'll consider all options.

I do recieve my e-mail from the dialup ISP with my cable connection but cannot
send out e-mail on the cable with my dialup account.  With the mail, using
Eudora 4.0, I recieve my mail for both accounts using the cable modem and send
out only on the cable account.

Thanks,

2. wtd sharp mobilion 6000

3. CTI-specific newsgroups

4. MR2-ICE index view settings

5. Service Specific Newsgroups on MediaOne?

6. PC/XT board for A500?

7. New Newsgroup Proposal alt.cable-modems

8. ANY NEWSGROUPS FOR CABLE MODEM INFO??

9. New Newsgroup Proposal alt.cable-modems

10. Cable Modem Newsgroup?

11. cable modem newsgroup?

12. FAQ For This Newsgroup? FAQ For Cable Modeming?