Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Post by Carl Oppeda » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I need to provide floor-mounted outlets for ethernet (T568B) jacks,
telephone (USOC RJ14) jacks, and electric power.  I recall having seen
boxes that I think would be perfect -- they have a swinging cover that
is flush with the floor and that opens to reveal some jacks, and then
the cover closes with a small gap to allow the cables to come out.

But of course I can't find such boxes now that I need them.  I have
looked in Milestek, Datacom warehouse, Black Box.  Can't find such
boxes anywhere.  I have also surfed the web a bit and can't seem to
find such bozes.

The crummy approach that I will be reduced to if I can't do any better
is to put ordinary boxes in the floor that hold duplex electric
receptacles, and use duplex inserts to receive ethernet and phone
jacks.   But those would provide only two jacks per box and the cables
plugged into them would stick up and get broken later.  I would like
higher density than two jacks per box, plus I would like the jacks to
be below floor level so the cables can exit the floor and not stick
up.

Can anybody offer any suggestions for sources of supply for such
boxes?

Thanks.

Carl Oppedahl

Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Post by Wiring » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Call Graybar Electric
Quote:>I need to provide floor-mounted outlets for ethernet (T568B) jacks,
>telephone (USOC RJ14) jacks, and electric power.

Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Post by TGrbavac » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Carl : It sounds to me that you are looking for the AMP Access floor box. If so, check out this URL. http://connect.amp.com/AMP/bin/AMP.Connect?C=1&M=BYPN&LG=1&I=13&PN=55...
If this URL does not work. Go to www.amp.com and search part number 557601-1

Tom Grbavach, RCDD
Cablesoft, Inc.

[...]

Post by Steve Cowle » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Carl,

AMP Incorporated makes them. Try http://www.amp.com
specifically
http://connect.amp.com/AMP/bin/AMP.Connect?M=CINF&C=10812&N=1&RQS=C~1...M~FEAT

Post by Joe Golan, RCD » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I need to provide floor-mounted outlets for ethernet (T568B) jacks,
> telephone (USOC RJ14) jacks, and electric power.  I recall having seen
> boxes that I think would be perfect -- they have a swinging cover that
> is flush with the floor and that opens to reveal some jacks, and then
> the cover closes with a small gap to allow the cables to come out.

> But of course I can't find such boxes now that I need them.  I have
> looked in Milestek, Datacom warehouse, Black Box.  Can't find such
> boxes anywhere.  I have also surfed the web a bit and can't seem to
> find such bozes.

> The crummy approach that I will be reduced to if I can't do any better
> is to put ordinary boxes in the floor that hold duplex electric
> receptacles, and use duplex inserts to receive ethernet and phone
> jacks.   But those would provide only two jacks per box and the cables
> plugged into them would stick up and get broken later.  I would like
> higher density than two jacks per box, plus I would like the jacks to
> be below floor level so the cables can exit the floor and not stick
> up.

> Can anybody offer any suggestions for sources of supply for such
> boxes?

> Thanks.

> Carl Oppedahl

Carl,

In addition to the suggestion of AMP, also checkout the Wiremold line,
see: http://www.wiremold.com/shared_content/pdf/ED670.pdf

Also since you need electrical power in the same unit, you may want to
check with your local electrician
--
Best regards,
Joe Golan, RCDD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Post by Carl Oppeda » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:04:16 -0500, Steve Cowles

>Carl,

>AMP Incorporated makes them. Try http://www.amp.com
>specifically
>http://connect.amp.com/AMP/bin/AMP.Connect?M=CINF&C=10812&N=1&RQS=C~1...M~FEAT

>> I need to provide floor-mounted outlets for ethernet (T568B) jacks,

Yes, that's perfect, thank you.

Carl Oppedahl
www.patents.com

Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

Post by Carl Oppeda » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 02 Jan 2000 20:41:11 GMT, "TGrbavach"

>Carl : It sounds to me that you are looking for the AMP Access floor =
>box. If so, check out this URL. =
>http://connect.amp.com/AMP/bin/AMP.Connect?C=3D1&M=3DBYPN&LG=3D1&I=3D...
>N=3D557601-1&button=3DGo
>If this URL does not work. Go to www.amp.com and search part number =
>557601-1

Yes, that is perfect.  Thank you.

Carl Oppedahl
www.patents.com

1. Looking for ethernet controlled i/o box

Would anyone know a product name/number and/or manufacturer for a
general purpose i/o box (off-the-shelf) that's controlled via
ethernet?

My application requires a small relay-level output, ideally, although
a digital level output is okay.  I would imagine the box having
multiple i/o lines, such as 8, 16, or 32 lines.

Thanks in advance!

Morris

2. Pathalias Query

3. Looking for: Ethernet-to-I/O box/card???

4. 3200 Color Pics

5. Looking for NTP stratum1 boxes right on the Ethernet

6. email recommendations

7. Looking for `Magic' rebooter box for 'phone line..

8. "Macro Compilation": was /parmbuff

9. How can I use ethernet between floors?

10. IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-

11. An innovative Lithium Battery for Cellular phones: Looking for distributors, reselers and cellular phone manufacturers (OEM).

12. Ethernet - Phone - Ethernet