Earthed IEC 320 connector on cd player and amplifier with 2 wire attached mains cord

Earthed IEC 320 connector on cd player and amplifier with 2 wire attached mains cord

Post by janpet » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:25:15

I have some older equipment with 2 wire mains cord attached. Because I
want to be able to use higher quality mains cords with Marinco IEC
connectors I want to build IEC sockets in the equipment.

The problem is that I don't know if I should connect the earth pole of
the IEC socket with any part (like the casing) of the amplifier or cd
player.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

BTW, I live in mainland Europe where we have 230 volts.

1. Attaching RJ-45 Connectors to Twisted Pair CAT 5 wire

Is there any particular order that the twisted pair wires should be in when
attaching a RJ-45 connectors, or is making sure both ends are identical the
only consideration.

I have attached RJ-45 connectors to twisted pair cables in different orders
on different segments and it has worked.  I just want to make sure that
there is not an ideal configuatation which optimizes perfomance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob A.

2. Supervisor Problem

3. Switching out a tape player for a CD player

4. how to copy files to another dir

5. cords and connectors query

6. CFP: PAPM97, Process Algebra and Performance Modelling

7. Earthing wiring closets

8. Earth or Timed Break Recall via structured wiring

9. CISCO 1750 Vs Motorola Vangaurd 320

10. TCP/IP V6 and H.320

11. MOTOROLA VANGUARD 320

12. H.320