ATTBI to Comcast - some Newsgroups missing

ATTBI to Comcast - some Newsgroups missing

Post by Rich » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:11:43

Hi,

Most seems to be working in the transition, but I found one Newgroup
that is not:  rec.photo.digital

All I get is a message there about the change to a new server, which I
have made.  I'm able to get all other groups of interest, except for
this one.

Rich

Post by Quaoa » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:30:53

> Hi,

> Most seems to be working in the transition, but I found one Newgroup
> that is not:  rec.photo.digital

> All I get is a message there about the change to a new server, which I
> have made.  I'm able to get all other groups of interest, except for
> this one.

> Rich

Comcast must be load balancing servers; rec.photo.digital I've had since
transition - Colorado.

ATTBI to Comcast - some Newsgroups missing

Post by Rich » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:13:27

Hi,

Quote:> > Most seems to be working in the transition, but I found one
Newgroup
> > that is not:  rec.photo.digital
> Comcast must be load balancing servers; rec.photo.digital I've had
since
> transition - Colorado.

I found the problem.  Here's what happened:

1. I clicked on the newsgroup, apparently after ATTBI switched to a
new server.
2. I all got in rec.photo.digital was a message that there's a change.
3. I changed the server address, but kept getting only that one
message in the group.
4. I downloaded a new newsrc file - still the same result
5. Deleted the newsgroup, killed OE, restarted OE and re-subscribed to
rec.photo.digital

This worked.

All other groups I did not try during the transition, but after I
changed the server info, so they worked OK.

Rich

ATTBI to Comcast - some Newsgroups missing

Post by Bill Crocke » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:10:37

Hang in there...I've had it, and still have it.

Bill Crocker

Quote:> Hi,

> Most seems to be working in the transition, but I found one Newgroup
> that is not:  rec.photo.digital

> All I get is a message there about the change to a new server, which I
> have made.  I'm able to get all other groups of interest, except for
> this one.

> Rich

1. Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday (12/12).
They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server, even
now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

Thanks for any info.

2. root and the ksh in 10.2

3. Help Please - Ethernet adapter missing in WINIPCFG after ATTBI transition

4. Where can I find....

5. ATTBI new newsgroup servers on 6/13

6. Bug in 3.x?

7. newsgroup posting problems using attbi

8. Central Local Account manager?

9. Still no new newsgroups on ATTBI servers?

10. ATTBI newsgroups slow im evenings?

11. unable to assess newsgroups with ATTBI

12. ATTBI support newsgroups?

13. Bad News for [ATTBI/Comcast] Transition Wizard Users