Comcast@Home Install Tomorrow

Post by Michael S. Graha » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

Anyone care to share any hints or tricks to use or other advice on what to
watch for during the installation?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Comcast@Home Install Tomorrow

Post by Paul Szymczu » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:43:18

YES,  make sure that the modem SYNC's up before the installer leaves...then
turn it off for atleast 15 secs and then see if it SYNC's up.

Make sure that they take care of your cabling,  dont let them leave it
unprotected or on the ground.

> Hi All,

> Anyone care to share any hints or tricks to use or other advice on what to
> watch for during the installation?

> Thanks in advance,

> Michael

Comcast@Home Install Tomorrow

Post by Flirm » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:20:35

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 03:43:18 GMT, "Paul Szymczuk"

>YES,  make sure that the modem SYNC's up before the installer leaves...then
>turn it off for atleast 15 secs and then see if it SYNC's up.

>Make sure that they take care of your cabling,  dont let them leave it
>unprotected or on the ground.

ill remem that for my install next wendsday =)

>> Hi All,

>> Anyone care to share any hints or tricks to use or other advice on what to
>> watch for during the installation?

>> Thanks in advance,

>> Michael

Comcast@Home Install Tomorrow

Post by Pedro A. Vera-Pere » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Windows NT4 workstation and Linux Mandrake 7.1. Only software trouble I have

2. The tech does not leave your house until the modem locks up.
3. Look over the installer's shoulder when the splitters are installed. My
installer put the splitters backwards and was so damn lucky the modem sync
for a few hours.
4. Make sure you get your temporary password to access member services (your

the paperwork).
5. Bookmark http://www.veryComputer.com/
and http://www.veryComputer.com/
before and after installation.
6. If you want to buy more IPs, don't bother discussing it with the tech. Go
to home.e*.com member services, buy your IP and you will get
step-by-step instructions. This is also a great place to get a nice hardcopy
of how to configure your pc for the service. From this page in particular
they will also email to you these instructions.
7. If for any reason you need to contact tech support don't keep your hopes
to high while stuck at the first tier of service. These people will tell you
to turn off and back on your modem. If it does not connect they will try to
send you a new modem without trying to figure out what the hell is wrong.

The software issue is not really a problem as long as you keep that software
away from your pc. The installer troubles can easily be isolated to that guy
being in a hurry and possibly overworked. The only thing left is tech
support at the first tier. Second tier was very helpful even if they did not
fix anything.

You might want to also check the new subscriber agreement.
--
Pedro
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Hi All,

> Anyone care to share any hints or tricks to use or other advice on what to
> watch for during the installation?

> Thanks in advance,

> Michael

Comcast@Home Install Tomorrow

Post by Paul L » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

A.  make sure the installer gives you the "customer's copy" of the request
    form; it contains just about all the info for configuration.

B.  After the install and a connection is made, lookup both the "mail" and

    sometimes their DNS servers cannot find the "mail" or "news" aliases
    when just "mail" is entered for your mail-server or "news" for the
    news-server.  You may wish to use the ip addr of both instead; just
    do a ping or nslookup for mail and/or news.

>Windows NT4 workstation and Linux Mandrake 7.1. Only software trouble I have

>2. The tech does not leave your house until the modem locks up.
>3. Look over the installer's shoulder when the splitters are installed. My
>installer put the splitters backwards and was so damn lucky the modem sync
>for a few hours.
>4. Make sure you get your temporary password to access member services (your

>the paperwork).
>5. Bookmark http://www.veryComputer.com/
>and http://www.veryComputer.com/
>before and after installation.
>6. If you want to buy more IPs, don't bother discussing it with the tech. Go
>to home.e*.com member services, buy your IP and you will get
>step-by-step instructions. This is also a great place to get a nice hardcopy
>of how to configure your pc for the service. From this page in particular
>they will also email to you these instructions.
>7. If for any reason you need to contact tech support don't keep your hopes
>to high while stuck at the first tier of service. These people will tell you
>to turn off and back on your modem. If it does not connect they will try to
>send you a new modem without trying to figure out what the hell is wrong.

>The software issue is not really a problem as long as you keep that software
>away from your pc. The installer troubles can easily be isolated to that guy
>being in a hurry and possibly overworked. The only thing left is tech
>support at the first tier. Second tier was very helpful even if they did not
>fix anything.

>You might want to also check the new subscriber agreement.
>--
>Pedro
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> Hi All,

>> Anyone care to share any hints or tricks to use or other advice on what to
>> watch for during the installation?

>> Thanks in advance,

>> Michael

1. Comcast @home install info needed

present moment I have one way cable modem service (Montgomery County,
MD) and it sucks for online gaming such as quake 3 and half-life.
My question is can you use your nic or do you have to use there NIC.  I
have a ethernet Olicom card 10/100 and it works great.  When it came out
it was one of the best cards on the market.
I just don't want to pay for a NIC card when I don't have too.

Another thing is that can i install this myself or do I need to the
techs there to install it?  When I used to have Media one (now AT&Tin
Mass) they had to come in and install it.

So what the procedure of an comcast install....?

Thanks,

  jeremy.tucker.vcf
< 1K Download

2. clone base and arhivelogs

3. Cable install went badly(comcast@home)

4. smbmount for AIX

5. Comcast @Home Install - USB vs PCI

6. tar.F

7. I Agree- SOMEONE PLEASE POST A COMCAST @HOME INSTALL PROCEDURE

8. image not show up in UP.Browser 4.1

9. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!

10. install tomorrow (advice)

11. Home Networking with Router and Comcast @ Home ........

12. Atlanta Comcast @home At Home Chamblee cable modem

13. !st time Comcast Cable Install:stay tuned