STP cabling questions

Post by joh » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:16:41

Hi all.

I am racking my brain and on-line stores, FAQs, etc for this stuff,
but can not find what I'm looking for.

I am running some CAT-5e STP cable from our server room to several
locations in the building, and want to terminate at a wall plate.
Unfortunately, I can not find wall plate jacks for shielded cable. I
found the male RJ-45 connectors, but not the female wall plate jacks.

Does anybody know where I can get some? For that matter, does anyone
know where I can find everything at the same store? (I need 500-1000
ft CAT-5e STP solid cable, male RJ-45 jacks, female RJ-45 wall-plate
jacks, the wall plates, and some 16-port switches.) For the life of
me, I can NOT find an on-line store which carries everything I need.

I need STP cable because of all the light fixtures, and all the
machinery around here. I figured use CAT-5e in case we upgrade our
network, and no one seems to make CAT-6 STP.

Thanks,
John

STP cabling questions

Post by joh » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:44:04

> Hi all.

> I am racking my brain and on-line stores, FAQs, etc for this stuff,
> but can not find what I'm looking for.

> I am running some CAT-5e STP cable from our server room to several
> locations in the building, and want to terminate at a wall plate.
> Unfortunately, I can not find wall plate jacks for shielded cable. I
> found the male RJ-45 connectors, but not the female wall plate jacks.

> Does anybody know where I can get some? For that matter, does anyone
> know where I can find everything at the same store? (I need 500-1000
> ft CAT-5e STP solid cable, male RJ-45 jacks, female RJ-45 wall-plate
> jacks, the wall plates, and some 16-port switches.) For the life of
> me, I can NOT find an on-line store which carries everything I need.

> I need STP cable because of all the light fixtures, and all the
> machinery around here. I figured use CAT-5e in case we upgrade our
> network, and no one seems to make CAT-6 STP.

> Thanks,
> John

I found my stuff finally:
www.cablestogo.com

PITA finding some of this stuff.

--john

1. newbie question: Mixing STP and UTP cabling?

Hello,

I've never used STP cables before and have given it much thought.
Can someone advise me whether it is possible to use STP and UTP
CAT5 cabling together?
Our problem is that on one branch we need STP cabling whereas
the other branch doesn't need STP.
Can one bring both strands together in one patch panel and then
continue with UTP patch cables to the network switch? Or do you
need adaptors between STP and UTP?

Thank you

Dorothea

2. IIci HD Problem : Weird!

3. T1 cable termination..stp cable

4. shelf life of TK50 tapes

5. Compatability between Nortel STP & Cisco STP

6. Ping: James Grant, please help this newbie with advice or opinions.

7. Catalyst 2924-XL fit for using STP (100 Ohm) cables?

8. Merging two MNY files.

9. 100 ohm STP cable for bus S and distance between TA

10. Cable Grounding STP

11. grounding of STP cables: both ends?

12. Fast Ethernet with 150-ohm STP cable IBM Type 1A

13. Why need STP and FTP Cable?