Cable modem and Intel Anypoint

Post by Glenn Kenne » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Intel's Anypoint product specifically advertises that it is compatable
with cable modems, but I have seen several post that suggest otherwise.
Has anyone out there gotten the Anypoint parralle port product to work

Post by Kevin F. Donnel » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>Intel's Anypoint product specifically advertises that it is compatable
>with cable modems, but I have seen several post that suggest otherwise.
>Has anyone out there gotten the Anypoint parralle port product to work

I use the AnyPoint product with CableVision and their cable modem.  I don't
have any problems and share the connection with three other computers.  Two
use the internal card and one uses the external module.

I have some problems with the first release (only one person per cable company
could run the first release!) but the patch on their site seems to solve this
problem.

So far it has been plug and play.

1. trouble with cable modem and home network (intel anypoint)

the modem itself is called SURFboard).  I use the Intel Anypoint home
networking software, and that has been running smoothly with my dial-up
internet provider for several months despite initial installation troubles.
Independently, both the home network and the cable modem can operate
successfully, but only one can be installed at a time.  When the networking
software is already installed and I try to install the cable modem, the
cable modem just doesn't work - it can't connect to the internet.  When the
cable modem is installed, and I try to reinstall the home networking
software, I'm told that the home networking adapter cannot be found
(although it is connected and powered).

Can someone please advise?

Please do not respond by email.

Thanks.

2. win95 to?

3. Cable And Intel Anypoint

4. Adding a 5 1/4" drive to the ST

5. Intel Anypoint

6. Pacbell (bay area) use PPPoe?

7. FA: Intel Anypoint Parallel Kit For 2 PCs

8. System Link question

9. Intel Anypoint I

10. Intel AnyPoint

11. intel anypoint

12. Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

13. Intel AnyPoint - Home Network - Parallel Port