Wiring Patch Panel

Post by Alan » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:28:25

I'm going to help my brother wire up his new office ...

When terminating the phone jacks on the punchdown block, is it more
common to use 110 or 66 blocks. It's a small office with 7 employees.

In what color sequence do I wire on the 66 block side.
Is it

w/blue
blue
w/orange
orange
w/green
green
w/brown
brown

Wiring Patch Panel

Post by Justin Ti » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:49:03

> I'm going to help my brother wire up his new office ...

> When terminating the phone jacks on the punchdown block, is it more
> common to use 110 or 66 blocks. It's a small office with 7 employees.

> In what color sequence do I wire on the 66 block side.
> Is it

> w/blue
> blue
> w/orange
> orange
> w/green
> green
> w/brown
> brown

The order of wires is correct and use either block.  The most common
block in a 66 type arrangement is a 66M50 where each row of pins
provides two pair.  The left side of the block is the input, the right
side goes to the station wiring and a bridge clip spans the two middle
terminals.  110 blocks are often used for pair counts above 50.

1. Wiring/patch panel database or spreadsheet

I am trying to manage about 400+ ports on various cisco switches.
Currently I am using excel to track what dataport on the switch goes
to what patch panel.

Seems we move ports around on the switches about every 14 days.

Does anyone have an access database that will do this and keep the
history of my changes?

Excel spreadsheets would be welcome also to see what methods others
are using.

My budget is $0.00 :)

2. How secure is my connection ?

3. ideas for wiring patch panel

4. How to speed up compile times?

5. How to wire Patch Panel

6. Vector?

7. Pre-Wired Cat5e Patch Panels

8. Altek Table Digitizer and Map 2.0

9. Wiring a patch panel for T1s, lease lines, ISDN, and POTs

10. patch panel wiring

11. Patch Panel Wiring

12. Wiring a phone line through a patch panel

13. Patch panel wiring