Comcast Connectivity While Uploading Problem.

Comcast Connectivity While Uploading Problem.

Post by John B » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:40:14

I have had this problem ever since I got Comcast broadband a few months
ago...

Downloading is never a problem.
After uploading for about an hour or two, however, my modem seems to loose
connectivity. Nothing will restore the connection except rebooting the
computer. My modem is a Webstar DPX100(Scientific Atlanta) and my OS is
Win98SE. The Comcast support people have been very nice, but have been
unable to offer any help resolving the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea what is causing it? Any
hope of fixing the connection?

Thanks!
Miocene

Comcast Connectivity While Uploading Problem.

Post by Dan Cottle » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:49:21

Quote:> After uploading for about an hour or two, however, my modem seems to
> loose connectivity. Nothing will restore the connection except
> rebooting the computer. My modem is a Webstar DPX100(Scientific
> Atlanta) and my OS is Win98SE. The Comcast support people have been
> very nice, but have been unable to offer any help resolving the
> issue.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea what is causing
> it? Any hope of fixing the connection?

Modems loose sync because of poor signal strength.  Fixing it may
require anything from a different modem to a new coax drop to
amplifiers.  Over the phone, tech support simply cannot diagnose such
problems.

Make them send a tech to your house.  Demonstrate the problem.  Don't
let the guy leave until he does some signal strength and other tests,
and makes arrangements for whatever other visits/work will be required
to actually fix the problem.  Have him use your telephone to make the
arrangements, if necessary.  Get the guy's full name and employee id
number.  Don't sign anything that says the work was completed...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus
- South Jersey, USA, Earth

Comcast Connectivity While Uploading Problem.

Post by dansk » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:41:42

what kind of modem do you have?

Quote:> I have had this problem ever since I got Comcast broadband a few months
> ago...

> Downloading is never a problem.
> After uploading for about an hour or two, however, my modem seems to loose
> connectivity. Nothing will restore the connection except rebooting the
> computer. My modem is a Webstar DPX100(Scientific Atlanta) and my OS is
> Win98SE. The Comcast support people have been very nice, but have been
> unable to offer any help resolving the issue.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea what is causing it? Any
> hope of fixing the connection?

> Thanks!
> Miocene

Comcast Connectivity While Uploading Problem.

Post by dansk » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:41:53

nevermind. Duhh

Quote:> I have had this problem ever since I got Comcast broadband a few months
> ago...

> Downloading is never a problem.
> After uploading for about an hour or two, however, my modem seems to loose
> connectivity. Nothing will restore the connection except rebooting the
> computer. My modem is a Webstar DPX100(Scientific Atlanta) and my OS is
> Win98SE. The Comcast support people have been very nice, but have been
> unable to offer any help resolving the issue.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea what is causing it? Any
> hope of fixing the connection?

> Thanks!
> Miocene

1. Comcast + Linksys Router + WAN/LAN Connectivity Problems

Anyone in the Grand Rapids,MI area using Comcast BB and Linksys router
setup for their lan? Been exp. WAN connectivity problems mostly during
the evening. I know it's not my router configuration - DHCP is a
straight forward setup. Spoke with the rep at comcast and they don't
support routers which is I can understand.

Also - any ideas why instant messengers like yahoo re-connect on/off
every 10-15mins. I tried the firewall settings in yahoo, read up some
port forwarding to all my pcs on my network.

Thank You,

Tvos

2. cant access other drives on the network

3. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!

4. Redirect Parallel port output

5. Comcast upload increase-Yes

6. cyrillic style (CYR) needed

7. How does Comcast actually limit upload speed?

8. boot up message 2

9. comcast connectivity in S. Jersey (Voorhees)

10. uploading to comcast

11. COMCAST: I cannot see pictures I upload to my Web Page

12. Can I use ASCII upload to upload configuration?

13. strange Linksys problem during comcast problems