smc wireless router reset connection every night around 11:45pm

smc wireless router reset connection every night around 11:45pm

Post by david ch » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 05:29:18

Hi,
 I bought a SMC wireless router (4 port included) SMC7004VWBR recently
from COMPUSA at Black Friday sale ($50 after mailin rebate). After
using it for a while (I only use the port, not using wirelss function
right now) I found that the router will reset connection every night
around 11:45pm, that is drop connection from COMCAST cable modem then
reestablish connection in less than 1 mins. I did enable the firewall
come with the SMC router.
 Also the connection to router's config web site: 192.168.2.1 will be
very slow after half day's online.

 Before that I have linksys router and no such problems.

Anyone has same problem?

Thanks.
David

1. smc wireless router reset connection every night around 11:45pm

Hi,
 I bought a SMC wireless router (4 port included) SMC7004VWBR recently
from COMPUSA at Black Friday sale ($50 after mailin rebate). After
using it for a while (I only use the port, not using wirelss function
right now) I found that the router will reset connection every night
around 11:45pm, that is drop connection from COMCAST cable modem then
reestablish connection in less than 1 mins. I did enable the firewall
come with the SMC router.
 Also the connection to router's config web site: 192.168.2.1 will be
very slow after half day's online.

 Before that I have linksys router and no such problems.

Anyone has same problem?

Thanks.
David

2. Series 3c newbie

3. Linksys Router: Wireless Connection Stopped--had to reset Router

4. Does an IDE CD-ROM work with any IDE controller?

5. New computer, new SMC router, no connection thru router, connect direct yes.

6. SPECTRUM GAMES Voting Template

7. SMC Wireless Router and Power Management

8. Another 451 error help request... but please read anyway

9. Compatibility question - SMC SMC7004VWBR Wireless Broadband Router

10. Help me w/ SMC wireless router, laptop

11. SMC wireless router/switch using anolog modem

12. Compatibility question - SMC SMC7004VWBR Wireless Broadband Router

13. Linksys BEFCMU10 and SMC 7004AWBR(Wireless Router)