HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Dani Esteba » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

HI DUDES:

    Iz there any pozibility to decodify pay-per-view cable-TV channels with
my 10 mbit/s connection on a Cable modem?
    I have a pentium 90 processor with 48 Mb ram, but i'm thinking on buying
a new K6 266 Mhz overclocked to 333 Mhz with 128 Mb SDRAM, and a Mpeg-2
card!
    Pliz tell me if i can decodify da signals in real time with my computer
or if i need any other thing to hack it (like a manual to make some electric
hack machine)!
    Then how can i get the stream from a cable-tv from USA via internet?
Need i to hack their server?
    And finally if it iz possible to decodiy da MPEG-2 signals from my
mpeg-2 card, and if some pay-per-view channels (like movies channels) in USA
are traslated to Spanish since mpeg-2 (AC-3) can accept 8 audio channels!

                                                                    THANX A
LOT!

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Anarchy » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You ain't gonna be able to hack shit considering their
headends aren't online. Besides the fact that cable
uses a full 6 mhz of bandwith for each channel which
your pc ain't gonna be able to handle. I suggest buying
the $30 chip.

Post by Maciek Adwen » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> HI DUDES:

>     Iz there any pozibility to decodify pay-per-view cable-TV channels with
> my 10 mbit/s connection on a Cable modem?
>     I have a pentium 90 processor with 48 Mb ram, but i'm thinking on buying
> a new K6 266 Mhz overclocked to 333 Mhz with 128 Mb SDRAM, and a Mpeg-2
> card!
>     Pliz tell me if i can decodify da signals in real time with my computer
> or if i need any other thing to hack it (like a manual to make some electric
> hack machine)!
>     Then how can i get the stream from a cable-tv from USA via internet?
> Need i to hack their server?
>     And finally if it iz possible to decodiy da MPEG-2 signals from my
> mpeg-2 card, and if some pay-per-view channels (like movies channels) in USA
> are traslated to Spanish since mpeg-2 (AC-3) can accept 8 audio channels!

>                                                                     THANX A
> LOT!

Hey d00d.. Sp0K3n lyK3 a TrU hax0r ...  hax0r th3 pl/\n3t

Man you make me laugh!

I think you watched the movie "Hackers" too many times.

--
Maciek Adwent

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by doug marlow » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

In all likelyhood, your cable tv channels aren't even getting into the
house.  They use trap filters to segment the signal so ONLY your cable modem
channels go in and out.  Also, the Cable Companies WILL prosecute cable
theft.  They're doing it even more and more these days so ask yourself, is
it worth it?

>HI DUDES:

>    Iz there any pozibility to decodify pay-per-view cable-TV channels with
>my 10 mbit/s connection on a Cable modem?
>    I have a pentium 90 processor with 48 Mb ram, but i'm thinking on
buying
>a new K6 266 Mhz overclocked to 333 Mhz with 128 Mb SDRAM, and a Mpeg-2
>card!
>    Pliz tell me if i can decodify da signals in real time with my computer
>or if i need any other thing to hack it (like a manual to make some
electric
>hack machine)!
>    Then how can i get the stream from a cable-tv from USA via internet?
>Need i to hack their server?
>    And finally if it iz possible to decodiy da MPEG-2 signals from my
>mpeg-2 card, and if some pay-per-view channels (like movies channels) in
USA
>are traslated to Spanish since mpeg-2 (AC-3) can accept 8 audio channels!

>                                                                    THANX A
>LOT!

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by George Maren » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:47:25 -0500, "doug marlowe"

>In all likelyhood, your cable tv channels aren't even getting into the
>house.  They use trap filters to segment the signal so ONLY your cable modem
>channels go in and out.

My cable line comes into my house, is split, with one line going
directly to my cable modem. The other line goes to an amplifier,
which goes to another splitter, which then goes to my televisions.

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by John Nav » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems.cable]

>HI DUDES:

>    Iz there any pozibility to decodify pay-per-view cable-TV channels with
>my 10 mbit/s connection on a Cable modem?
>    I have a pentium 90 processor with 48 Mb ram, but i'm thinking on buying
>a new K6 266 Mhz overclocked to 333 Mhz with 128 Mb SDRAM, and a Mpeg-2
>card!
>    Pliz tell me if i can decodify da signals in real time with my computer
>or if i need any other thing to hack it (like a manual to make some electric
>hack machine)!
>    Then how can i get the stream from a cable-tv from USA via internet?
>Need i to hack their server?
>    And finally if it iz possible to decodiy da MPEG-2 signals from my
>mpeg-2 card, and if some pay-per-view channels (like movies channels) in USA
>are traslated to Spanish since mpeg-2 (AC-3) can accept 8 audio channels!

>                                                                    THANX A
>LOT!

Please take that kind of illegal activity somewhere else.
(Copy of this response sent to your ISP.)

--
Best regards,

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Dani Esteba » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>You ain't gonna be able to hack shit considering their
>headends aren't online. Besides the fact that cable
>uses a full 6 mhz of bandwith for each channel which
>your pc ain't gonna be able to handle. I suggest buying
>the $30 chip.

Hi anarchyx and thanx for ur answer, but wich chip do u mean?

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Dani Esteba » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hey d00d.. Sp0K3n lyK3 a TrU hax0r ...  hax0r th3 pl/\n3t

>Man you make me laugh!

>I think you watched the movie "Hackers" too many times.

>--
>Maciek Adwent

HEY PLIZ PLIZ SORRY MAN!!! U'RE DA ELIT!
PLIZ SORRY! PLIZ SPARE MY LIFE!!!
XDDDD MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Bernard Shake » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

John (Net Cop),
        Why do you have to be such a tight ass?  Just read Dani's post
and laugh like everyone else.  With a personality like yours, you must
be the life of any party!
        This is the INTERNET...and not just limited to the US.  Dani
appears to reside in Spain (.es)...are you also an authority on
Spanish law?
B.S.
BTW:
Dani's ISP will either laugh at your cc, or take Dani out and shoot
him.  Hope you're happy.

>[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems.cable]

>>HI DUDES:

>>    Iz there any pozibility to decodify pay-per-view cable-TV channels with
>>my 10 mbit/s connection on a Cable modem?
>>    I have a pentium 90 processor with 48 Mb ram, but i'm thinking on buying
>>a new K6 266 Mhz overclocked to 333 Mhz with 128 Mb SDRAM, and a Mpeg-2
>>card!
>>    Pliz tell me if i can decodify da signals in real time with my computer
>>or if i need any other thing to hack it (like a manual to make some electric
>>hack machine)!
>>    Then how can i get the stream from a cable-tv from USA via internet?
>>Need i to hack their server?
>>    And finally if it iz possible to decodiy da MPEG-2 signals from my
>>mpeg-2 card, and if some pay-per-view channels (like movies channels) in USA
>>are traslated to Spanish since mpeg-2 (AC-3) can accept 8 audio channels!

>>                                                                    THANX A
>>LOT!

>Please take that kind of illegal activity somewhere else.
>(Copy of this response sent to your ISP.)

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

whataweirdo.icanbeweirdtoo,yaknow.sheesh.

Post by Laurence Brockma » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> In all likelyhood, your cable tv channels aren't even getting into the
> house.  They use trap filters to segment the signal so ONLY your cable modem
> channels go in and out.  Also, the Cable Companies WILL prosecute cable
> theft.  They're doing it even more and more these days so ask yourself, is
> it worth it?

Rehardless of whether the signal is entering the house or not  and if they'll
prosecute or not, the cable modem operates above and below the T.V.
Channels.... You could intercept them if you tried (You'd have to do some
hardware modeification I think, but I don't know anything about that...),let
alone decode the and output them to your T.V..... But an interesting
thought.....

Laurence

--
Legal Warning: Do NOT send unsolicited commercial
email to me - consider this as an official notice:

   "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
    meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By
Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
    it is UNLAWFUL to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such
equipment.
    By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
    PUNISHABLE by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
    whichever is greater, for each violation."

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by Michael S » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Please take that kind of illegal activity somewhere else.
>(Copy of this response sent to your ISP.)

Come on.. the guy is a loser, but we don't have to kill him for it.

Just sit back and laugh at the way he wrote... and forget about it. :)

HACK CABLE-TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

Post by TAmm.. » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

My cable splits before going into the cable modem and connects to my TV
Tuner card in my computer "ATI all in wonder". I pay for basic cable,
but I get a scrambled picture on the channels I don't pay for. I have
wondered what signal would be on the line if I cancelled the basic
cable, but then my roadrunner bill would increase (non cable subscribers
pay more for Roadrunner). I get all my premium channels via a C-band
satellite dish and I pay Netlink for that programming.

Post by Paul Agbuy » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> My cable splits before going into the cable modem and connects to my TV
> Tuner card in my computer "ATI all in wonder". I pay for basic cable,
> but I get a scrambled picture on the channels I don't pay for. I have
> wondered what signal would be on the line if I cancelled the basic
> cable, but then my roadrunner bill would increase (non cable subscribers
> pay more for Roadrunner). I get all my premium channels via a C-band
> satellite dish and I pay Netlink for that programming.

That is silly.  A cable company shouldn't charge more for non-subcribers
as they do subscribers, unless the cost of your cable modem dips below
$40/mo.  The cable companies should assume most customers are like and
well minded individuals not to tap into the cable line if they do not
subscribe to cable.  Besides,  cable modem performance will decrease
without the filter placed onto cable lines that lead into reciever

use a C-band to get cable channels, but I have tapped into the cable
(just to see if I could get it.)   I let it run for a while and found
out my return speeds decreased.  When I restored the cable line strictly
to the modem the speeds were back to normal.

1. HACK CABLE TV ON A CABLE MODEM!!!

    Hey i'm here again XD

    I didn't know that my question could have this important repercusion!
I was only asking for my personal educationa, i didn't want to offend any
cable company or any people. I was just learning a little more (as i said
i'm newbie at cable),because I'm studing telecommunications engineering, but
i didn't want to make it illegal!
    It wasn't my intention to decrease the channel quality, so if you think
i was, sorry, i won't post any thing like that on this channel.
    But i think Internet have to be a free speech world, opposite the real
world where there are lot of created interests and lot of inequalities.
    In addition i think it is good for the cable companies to know where
they systems fail to solve their problems.
    Well i didn't do it in bad intentions, but sorry if you were offended.
    Sincerily,
                                                                DANI
ESTEBAN.
P.S: Sorry my english, but (as you know) I'm from spain.

2. Widening the x86/PII architecture to 64bits: Good idea?

3. free tv, cable tv, and cable modem

4. Quad Shielded RG-6 termination instructions

5. use cable modem cable for free cable tv?

6. WTD: EC7000 software

7. Cable TV and Cable Modem from same Cable Outlet

8. Another manufacturing giant embraces Pro/E

9. Cable TV / Cable Modem network primers?

10. Anyone use their cable modem line to access free cable TV?

11. Cable connection for TV & Cable modem