What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Al Ride » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:30:17

Anyone know?

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Vaugh » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:08:35

Quote:> Anyone know?

Comcast has directions for setting Outlook Express, Outlook and Netscape
mail clients on their website.  So to my knowledge they don't care.

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Buckwhea » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:13:08

Hell, use whatever software you want, all you need is the in and
outbound server names, and (of course) a valid username and password ...
and with the recent assimilation into the greater borg collective
initiative within comcast, you will need a valid mail account to be
established by them for you .......

> Anyone know?

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Al Ride » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:31:12

Hey guys, I know that.  I've set up and am running Comcast's mail now.

I just curious as to what is the sw they are providing.

> Anyone know?

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Lost-in-spac » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:33:46

I just added mine manually in outlook express, can receive
comcast e mail, but cannot send it

Gary

> Hey guys, I know that.  I've set up and am running Comcast's mail now.

> I just curious as to what is the sw they are providing.

> > Anyone know?

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Are you using smtp.comcast.net for your outbound server?

Post by Kat Trap » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:15:41

> I just curious as to what is the sw they are providing.

> > Anyone know?

Yeah actually I do, it's supposed to be what they call a support agent
that
trouble shoots your computer and can work with their techs so now they
can see
what kind of pings etc you are getting from your end as well as what
they a
are seeing on their end at least I think it's something like that. The
results
from the tests you do with their software will help them troubleshoot
better.
That's the theory anyway.......

ComcastSUPPORT Agent

ComcastSUPPORT Agent is a software program that gathers information
about your system and its relevant applications, settings, and services.
From the ComcastSUPPORT Agent interface, you'll have local access to
support
features that will enable you to repair your protected software, perform
One-Click fix solutions, and get answers to lots of common problems.

ComcastSUPPORT Agent is a free service that is included on the startup
CD for
Comcast High-Speed Internet. The Agent Interface provides three main
support

The Quick Fix Wizard -- provides a quick diagnosis and fix for protected
applications

Self Help -- SupportActions may be run from the local Agent interface
providing you with self-service options to solve common problems quickly
Online Support -- takes you to the defined support portal URL
To access ComcastSUPPORT Agent, select ComcastSUPPORT Agent from your
Windows Start menu, under Programs, or click the ComcastSUPPORT Agent
icon on your browser toolbar.

ComcastSUPPORT Agent does not currently support Macintosh users.

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Al Ride » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:58:05

Thanks Kat.....

Sounds like installing it is asking for trouble to me.

Post by Hank » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:55:02

>Are you using smtp.comcast.net for your outbound server?

>> I just added mine manually in outlook express, can receive
>> comcast e mail, but cannot send it

>> Gary

<snip>

I haven't received any software, nor would I load it.  I've been trying
comcast mail.  I'm able to SEND vial comcast, but not RECEIVE.

Hank

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by comcast... » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:41:22

:>
:> I just curious as to what is the sw they are providing.
:> > Anyone know?
:> >

: Yeah actually I do, it's supposed to be what they call a support agent
: that
: trouble shoots your computer and can work with their techs so now they

BWAAAAAH. Good one.

It launches an app of a trained chimp that goes through a list of
questions like "Okay open the Control Panel, click on networking, click on
TCP/IP ...". Then it tells you to turn off your modem for 60 seconds. Then
it tells you it must be a problem with your PC, call the manufacturer.

No matter what state you were in before, when it's done you're worse off.

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by usenet accoun » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:18:16

Inbound is pop3.comcast.net
Outbound is smtp.comcast.net

> >Are you using smtp.comcast.net for your outbound server?

> >> I just added mine manually in outlook express, can receive
> >> comcast e mail, but cannot send it

> >> Gary

> <snip>

> I haven't received any software, nor would I load it.  I've been trying
> comcast mail.  I'm able to SEND vial comcast, but not RECEIVE.

> Hank

What is Comcast's software they want us to install for e-mail?

Post by Lost-in-spac » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:00:35

smtp.comcast.net

Gary

> Are you using smtp.comcast.net for your outbound server?

> > I just added mine manually in outlook express, can receive
> > comcast e mail, but cannot send it

> > Gary

> > > Hey guys, I know that.  I've set up and am running Comcast's mail now.

> > > I just curious as to what is the sw they are providing.

1. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!

I made the mistake of allowing Comcast to install their web based support
software on my PC and it created major problems. During a boot of Windows
98SE the items loaded into the system tray would stop loading and then the
system tray would be emptied. CONTROL/ALT/DELETE would show "Tgcmd (Not
responding)".    Tgcmd.* are the Comcast support files installed into the
Program Files/support.com folder. Removing Comcast Support using Windows
ADD/REMOVE seemed to work but left 58 errors in the Registry that
fortunately Norton WinDoctor was able to fix. I wasted an hour solving this
one.

The bottom line: Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!
:<(( Art

--
To reply to me directly, delete the "nospam_" from the email address.

2. RASENTRY woes!

3. I am looking for 'Fax answering / Voice answering' software

4. Pancake motors

5. Why not to bother with installing Comcast software

6. Using SECEDIT.EXE to modify Security on W2K Pro

7. For fun, I installed comcast software...

8. CADalog News

9. Comcast South Jersey -Anyone getting E-mail @ comcast.net

10. Fed up with Comcast (MI) DO NOT INSTALL THEIR CONVERSION SOFTWARE!

11. comcast.net and non-comcast e-mail addresses

12. Got my Comcast upgrade don't like my email address.

13. E-mail adress for Supra v.32bis dealer (US) wanted.