Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

Post by Tony Pir » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed  Intel's new Anypoint Parellel Port adapter system to
network my two PC's...Everything is working fine except internet sharing
with my cable modem...Apparently the Internet Sharing Software (ISS) that is
bundled with the hardware allows the internal network to "see" other
machines connected to the Mediaone network in my LAN that are using Anypoint
and does not therefore allow my internet connected machine to share it's
connection with my other machine...Intel is aware of the problem(it occurs
only with cable modems) and says they have a workaround but have not yet
gotten back to me...I was wondering if anyone has heard of this situation
and is aware of a workaround...Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Anthony Piro

Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

Post by Eric » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Tony...

I have not heard of that problem, since I did most of my Intel Anypoint testing
using a Dialup Modem.  Our website at http://www.HomePNA.com or
http://www.HPNA.com offers information on the Intel Anypoint, as well as many
other HomePNA adapters.  The AnyPoint ICS software also has problems with NT
Authentication, and can cause the ICS not to work.  I believe that you should be
able to remove just the ICS software and try a program like Sygate
(http://www.Sygate.com) to share your connection.

Good luck

Eric McIntyre
TZO Internet Naming System
Get TZO and Make a Name for Yourself!
http://www.Tzo.Com

Your Source for CableModem and xDSL Information
http://www.CableModemInfo.Com

Your Source for HomePNA links and Information
http://www.HomePNA.Com

Let's you know what Ports are availalble for hosting
http://www.PortDetective.com

--
Eric McIntyre
TZO Internet Naming System
Get TZO and Make a Name for Yourself!
http://www.tzo.com

Your Source for CableModem and xDSL Information
http://www.CableModemInfo.Com

Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

Post by Tim Higgin » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi Tony,

If I understand your situation correctly, you have a LAN with both
Intel Anypoint connected machines and 10baseT connected machines.

In this case, you have multiple networks and you'd need to install
either a program like Vicomsoft's SoftRouterPlus
http://www.vicomsoft.com/softrouter/sfr.main.html which can route
multiple subnets, or install another routing program in addition to
the software that comes with Anypoint.

Realize, however, that although this might solve the Internet connection
problem, you probably won't be able to do File and Printer sharing
between the machines on the different subnets without more work,
most likely involving configuring WINS.

Hope this helps.
_______________________________

Share your Internet connection!  http://www.timhiggins.com/

> I have just installed  Intel's new Anypoint Parellel Port adapter system to
> network my two PC's...Everything is working fine except internet sharing
> with my cable modem...Apparently the Internet Sharing Software (ISS) that is
> bundled with the hardware allows the internal network to "see" other
> machines connected to the Mediaone network in my LAN that are using Anypoint
> and does not therefore allow my internet connected machine to share it's
> connection with my other machine...Intel is aware of the problem(it occurs
> only with cable modems) and says they have a workaround but have not yet
> gotten back to me...I was wondering if anyone has heard of this situation
> and is aware of a workaround...Any help would be appreciated...

> Thanks,

> Anthony Piro

1. Easy but good recomended firewall prgm for use with Intel "Anypoint" network phoneline adaptor?

I tried the Zone Alarm 2.1? I believe? and it seemed to cause problems
with my system, including, but not limited to slowdown. (after
clicking on Windows explorer it would take almost 5 minutes before the
window would actually appear, for example)

Anyhow can someone recomend an easy to use, yet good firewall program,
that is "compatible" with Intel anypoint phone line sharing network
adaptor? Thanks..

FYI, I'm running Win98 on a P2/400 64 Ram

2. A future for the computer industry?

3. Intel Anypoint home network and Windows 2000

4. Using Series 5 in Spain

5. Intel Anypoint Home Network Question

6. Jobsbridge - Project Manager and Business Analyst Jobs Update 3rd August

7. Phoneline Networks (Intel Anypoint,etc) with Linux

8. HP 100LX and Amiga?

9. ATTBI switchover with Intel AnyPoint home network: clien t can’t access Internet

10. trouble with cable modem and home network (intel anypoint)

11. Anyone able to keep "Intel Anypoint" phoneline sharing network stable??

12. Intel AnyPoint Home Network

13. Intel AnyPoint - Home Network - Parallel Port