ADSL PPPoE - can't host online games

Post by wtonsm.. » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

One of the main reasons I ordered Sympatico HSE was to enjoy online
*, including Longbow 2, Grand Prix Legends, Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6,
etc.

I used to be able host several players at a time in many of these gamse
because of my high-speed connection.

Since the Access Manager / PPPoE conversion however, I can no longer
host games. I can still join games with no problems, but whenever I try
to host, I can see Nortel modem activity, but the joiner never sees my
host screen and I never see them . After a few seconds there seems to
be time-out or something and the modem activity stops.

Sympatico Tech Support suggested using WinPoet instead of Access
Manager, but this did not fix the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any help or ideas greatly
appreciated.

Before you buy.

ADSL PPPoE - can't host online games

Post by ZOD » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Its is possible that your ISP tightened security by closing some ports that
these game use. You should call your ISP and ask them if they changed their
firewall settings or if this software you are using is the problem.

> One of the main reasons I ordered Sympatico HSE was to enjoy online
> *, including Longbow 2, Grand Prix Legends, Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6,
> etc.

> I used to be able host several players at a time in many of these gamse
> because of my high-speed connection.

> Since the Access Manager / PPPoE conversion however, I can no longer
> host games. I can still join games with no problems, but whenever I try
> to host, I can see Nortel modem activity, but the joiner never sees my
> host screen and I never see them . After a few seconds there seems to
> be time-out or something and the modem activity stops.

> Sympatico Tech Support suggested using WinPoet instead of Access
> Manager, but this did not fix the problem.

> Is anyone else having this problem? Any help or ideas greatly
> appreciated.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Before you buy.

1. ADSL PPPoE - can't host online games

One of the main reasons I ordered Sympatico HSE was to enjoy online
gaming, including Longbow 2, Grand Prix Legends, Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6,
etc.

I used to be able host several players at a time in many of these gamse
because of my high-speed connection.

Since the Access Manager / PPPoE conversion however, I can no longer
host games. I can still join games with no problems, but whenever I try
to host, I can see Nortel modem activity, but the joiner never sees my
host screen and I never see them . After a few seconds there seems to
be time-out or something and the modem activity stops.

Sympatico Tech Support suggested using WinPoet instead of Access
Manager, but this did not fix the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any help or ideas greatly
appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Counter Type

3. Sony to Launch 'Charlie's Angels' Game Online

4. activesync on pocketpc???

5. Gaming online with Client and Host both using Linksys BEFSR41 Router HELP?????

6. QWCRDTAA - Retrieve Data Area

7. Hosting online games

8. Somewhat of a localized offer..

9. hosting online games with a cable modem

10. adsl with nat and online gaming?

11. adsl online-gaming question

12. FEATURE-Online Game Strategy Splits Video Game Industry

13. Adsl Hosting Games Problem