ATTBI new newsgroup servers on 6/13

Post by Joe Maln » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:40:25

I wonder when they're planning on informing subscribers about this:

On June 13, 2002, AT&T Broadband will move to new servers which provide
access to Usenet newsgroups. As a result, you will need to update your
newsgroup settings by removing and re-creating your news server
properties. If you fail to update your settings, you will be unable to
download new messages, post new messages or post replies to existing
messages.

http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=1992&category_id=68k
--

ATTBI new newsgroup servers on 6/13

Post by Bill » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:48:58

bad or outdated URL
POSSIBLE SPAM.

> I wonder when they're planning on informing subscribers about this:

> On June 13, 2002, AT&T Broadband will move to new servers which provide
> access to Usenet newsgroups. As a result, you will need to update your
> newsgroup settings by removing and re-creating your news server
> properties. If you fail to update your settings, you will be unable to
> download new messages, post new messages or post replies to existing
> messages.

> http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=1992&category_id=68k
> --

---
~.~.~.~.~.....~.~.~.~.~

ATTBI new newsgroup servers on 6/13

Post by Joe Maln » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:55:10

Sonofjay reported it on http://www.dslreports.com/forum/attbi :
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3451521~root=attbi~mode=flat
You're right about the URL, the page isn't there anymore.
But it was just yesterday.

>bad or outdated URL
>POSSIBLE SPAM.

>> I wonder when they're planning on informing subscribers about this:

>> On June 13, 2002, AT&T Broadband will move to new servers which provide
>> access to Usenet newsgroups. As a result, you will need to update your
>> newsgroup settings by removing and re-creating your news server
>> properties. If you fail to update your settings, you will be unable to
>> download new messages, post new messages or post replies to existing
>> messages.

>> http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=1992&category_id=68k

--

1. Still no new newsgroups on ATTBI servers?

To all,
    I posted this once before sometime back, and justed wanted to
check now to see if there is possibly something at my end.  Since

newsgroup added to the list of NGs that were originally created the
first time I connected to the new ATTBI newsgroup server.
    Has anyone seen anything new added?  It didn't appear that there

new ones periodically being added.

Jay S.

2. 3rd party support for LabView, Vee and VB

3. ios bugs 12.2(13)T + 12.2(13)T1 break client-to-router vpn on 806

4. Error 80010105

5. New extended TACACS version x81 and request type 13 ?

7. Newbie: The 13 root servers

8. toolbar

9. Colorado servers down May 13-14

10. Anyone Seen ANY new newsgoups on ATTBI servers

11. help, attbi new modem, new tricks?

12. ATTBI to Comcast - some Newsgroups missing

13. newsgroup posting problems using attbi