Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Post by Jay Bolly » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:12:52

Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday (12/12).
They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server, even
now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

Thanks for any info.

Post by Robert Heilin » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:44:37

> Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
> netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday (12/12).
> They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
> news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server, even
> now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

> Thanks for any info.

Identical experience! A post of mine on Monday the 10th in this ng never showed
up on netnews.attbi.com and it's not there now. I also checked news.cis.dfn.de,
but a couple of days later (Wed?), and it was there on that server.

Bob

Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Post by Jeff Ke » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:09:09

Same thing has happened to me.  The only way that I can see my posts is to
unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to the newsgroup.

Quote:> Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
> netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday
(12/12).
> They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
> news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server,
even
> now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

> Thanks for any info.

Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Post by DriP » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:35:24

since i have been a part of att this has happened.  when the mediaone/road
runner cable was supplied here (richmond, *ia)  before the switch to
att, everything was perfect.  pings when mainly be in the 30's to 50's for
*.  the news server was great and fast with out missing post.

the missing post are a very common.  a friend of mine uses news pro to
combine the missing headers from multiple news groups.

Quote:> Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
> netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday
(12/12).
> They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
> news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server,
even
> now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

> Thanks for any info.

Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Post by Hawkmoon200 » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:04:47

arh, I wish I'd known this last week. Here I am wondering why no new
messages are downloading in my subscribed newsgroups and the trick is I have
to resubscribe. Huh.

> since i have been a part of att this has happened.  when the mediaone/road
> runner cable was supplied here (richmond, *ia)  before the switch to
> att, everything was perfect.  pings when mainly be in the 30's to 50's for
> *.  the news server was great and fast with out missing post.

> the missing post are a very common.  a friend of mine uses news pro to
> combine the missing headers from multiple news groups.

> > Has anyone else noticed missing posts to the ATTBI news server
> > netnews.attbi.com? I posted several things to various ngs yesterday
> (12/12).
> > They appeared right away, as expected, when I checked news server
> > news.cis.dfn.de. But the posts have never appeared on the attbi server,
> even
> > now 24 hours later. Any similar experiences?

> > Thanks for any info.

Missing posts to ATTBI news server?

Post by Technoi » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:24:53

In OE, all you have to do is right-click on the newsgroup name,
choose "Properties -> Local File -> Reset".
That will purge your cache file, and reset the pointers so all
message headers will be re-downloaded.

You should also do an occasional Delete and then Compact
on your cache files to keep OE working efficiently (Especially if
you download Binaries, the cache files can get HUGE ;)

HTH,

 - John (Technoid)