CAT5 Testers and stored test data

Post by john mos » Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:00:00

What is the format of stored data from one of these units (Fluke,
Microtest, Scope)? Does it drop into a customized spreadsheet or is it
fixed  and formated? Do the units have any options concerning the data
archive?
I am beginning to research some of these units and I'm looking for
ease of test report generation and ideas from the trenchs along these
lines of thought

Thanks in advance guys,       Regards     John
Integrated Fiber Optics Inc.
(410) 647-4381

CAT5 Testers and stored test data

Post by MM » Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:00:00

John,

The tester have their own utilities disk to download the tests.  I have
downloaded the tests to an Excel spreadsheet from the utilities for
Microtest and Scope.  I have not done too much with the Fluke as of yet.
The units I have used in the past do not have any custom features or
options from the tester, but I was able to manipulate the tests once in the
spreadsheet.  Fluke and Microtest will be more than happy to help in any
way with any type of feedback.  The test report generation is about the
same on all units.  I am in the research process myself for a software
package our company is developing.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Regards,  Mark

Post by John Lundgre » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> What is the format of stored data from one of these units (Fluke,
> Microtest, Scope)? Does it drop into a customized spreadsheet or is it
> fixed  and formated? Do the units have any options concerning the data
> archive?
> I am beginning to research some of these units and I'm looking for
> ease of test report generation and ideas from the trenchs along these
> lines of thought

Supposedly there is downloadable software on the Fluke web site that
will interface your DSP with your PC, and download the tests into the
PC.  I haven't used it yet, so I don't know what it's like.  It might or
might not work without the DSP, but if it does, then you could find out
what it can do with the data.

--
Please remove NO and SPAM from my email addr to reply.

Read what the FTC has to say about Junk Email at URL
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/inbox.htm

1. cat5 passes continuity test but not data

I have a cat5 cable that passes a continuity test WITH the connectors at
each end, using a tester with lights, but it refuses to carry data. The
router that I plug it into shows no lights at all, as if there was nothing
there. Is this a "heard of" problem? Why did it happen to me? Ideas? Thanks.
-Bruce

to reply directly, change nospamblam to bam

2. NDA's Abound

3. To Test or Not to Test...CAT5

4. euro-mini-HOWTO

5. CAT5 - Line tester. Can I rent?

6. DOS character set not displayed in WIN98

7. Need Cat5 and Fiber tester

8. Detecting Multiple LAN connections

9. CAT5 Cable Testers. What's out there?

10. Need input in what Cat5/ FO tester to buy

11. CAT5 Testers