10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

Post by Valentin Guille » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:44:02

Yes, boys and girls, its been 10 hrs, and *STILL* the "premium" internet
service which I pay so much for is *still* dead on my node.

Last nightm, when I dialed the 800 number for tech support
(1-888-793-0800) I immediately got a locally generated phone message
informing me of the street quadrants in my city where the outtage was
occuring.  This morning when I dialed the same number, my call was
shuttled off to some unknown foreign country where the incompetents had
me perform some mindless set of diagnostics, only to then inform me that
they could see my modem, and were sending "reprovision hits" to my
modem.  Funny thing though; my modem is not currently "seeing" the
headend, nor can it communicate with the local headend.

When I dialed the same toll-free number and selected the menu option for
cable-TV, INSTEAD of "high speed internet", I was connected to a real
live human here in Albuq, who informed me that indeed, the local node
I'm on was "dead".  I'll call some time this week, when I've determined
the actual duration of the outage, for my service credits, but that
leaves me plenty of time to ponder the incomptence and disingenousness
of my service provider, Comcast of Albuquerque.

This is supposed to be, and is marketted as *Premium* internet service.
Furthermore, it is billed, and certainly I *PAY* for premium service.
My rhetorical question is: Why does this company treat its customers in
this attrocious manner?

It's because they have a near monopoly, and don't give a "flying f**k!"

10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

Post by Dan Cottle » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 02:39:13

Quote:> Yes, boys and girls, its been 10 hrs, and *STILL* the "premium" internet
> service which I pay so much for is *still* dead on my node.

Take a deep breath and remember - their goal is 5-Nines of downtime.

- Dan.
--

- South Jersey, USA, Earth  <http://cronus.spaceports.com/~darmok>

10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

Post by Basic Bo » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:04:14

Quote:> This is supposed to be, and is marketted as *Premium* internet service.
> Furthermore, it is billed, and certainly I *PAY* for premium service.
> My rhetorical question is: Why does this company treat its customers in
> this attrocious manner?

1. Because they *can*.

2. But mostly, because it is hard for them to fix the network problem.

--
Basic Bob

the g's are silent

10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

Post by Camero » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:21:29

Its all because comcast blows the big donkey d---.

I learned a long time ago to always hit the TV option or you get to talk to
the tech guy located in Afghanistan that doesnt even know what a cable modem
is. :-(

The number one thing they do that is the worst worst worst worst......they
always like to blame it on the modem.  Ive owned this SB3100 for almost 3
years now!  I have had to have comcast bring out a modem, to the two
different places I have lived, at least a dozen times.  They bring the modem
out and leave it, since its my modem that is always going bad.  THEN they
will finally get it through their heads that its not the modem and fix the
problem on their end.

If you dont own your own modem, then they probably never blame it on that.

--C

10hrs down and counting on Albuq Comcast "Premium" internet svc

Post by Albert Hennes » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:38:18

"Cameron" observed:

Quote:

> If you dont own your own modem, then they probably never blame it on that.

    It really encourages customers to *rent* their modems, doesn't it?
I *think* Bomcast has figured that out.   :-)

Al_Hennesy

Post by timeOda » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 05:57:28

> And I'm sure in Alberquerque there are several options for high-speed
> Internet,

Actually, no.

Though, personally, my Comcast service has been really stable since a

now).

Post by Kenn Bar » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:58:41

>> And I'm sure in Alberquerque there are several options for high-speed
>> Internet,

>Actually, no.

        Certainly more than just one. I use DSL via New Edge
Networks. As I recall, Qwest and Verizon also offer DSL in ABQ.
New Edge happened to be the only one offering it in my
neighborhood.

                                                Kayembee

Post by timeOda » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:31:33

>>> And I'm sure in Alberquerque there are several options for high-speed
>>> Internet,

>>Actually, no.

> Certainly more than just one. I use DSL via New Edge
> Networks. As I recall, Qwest and Verizon also offer DSL in ABQ.
> New Edge happened to be the only one offering it in my
> neighborhood.

> Kayembee

DSL coverage is only available for certain parts of town.
When it is, then yes you have quite a few ISPs to choose from.

1. Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

Which Comcast service do I have?  Comcast Rust or Comcast Tarnish?

My service is increasingly "flaky", my email is very unreliable, my
usenet service, provided by Giganews, is always stalling on me, and
worse.  So which one am I being provided with? Why does my cable modem
sometimes seem lock up?  The indicator lights remain fine, but my
streaming media dies like clockwork for a few seconds, and if I run a
netstat, it indicates that my connection is lost for a few seconds on a
very regular and consistent basis.  So, is this Comcast "Rust" service,
or is it Comcast "Tarnish" service?

And if I wish reliable, consistent email, will I need to subscribe to
Comcast "Diamond" or to Comcast "Platinum" service, at maybe
$80~100/month?

And Usenet?  If I wish the same level of service and reliability I used
to get with my 20 buck/month dialup service, will I NEED  to subscribe
to Comcast "Uranium" or to Comcast "Plutonium" service, at maybe
$150~200/month?

If I need a streaming media connection which doesn't disconnect me at
the headend router like clockwork, is that Comcast "Neptune" or Comcast
"Pluto" service, at maybe $800~$1,000/month?

And when it comes to "tech support", if I really need, or even desire
someone who can actually discuss any technical issue with fluency and
knowlege, is it Comcast "Alpha-Centauri" or is it Comcast "Andromeda"
service, and I'm quite certain that it's the package which goes for
perhaps $5,000~$10,000/month, isn't it?

Sheesh!  I think it's time to go back to my RELIABLE, always DEPENDABLE,
CONSISTENT, and INEXPENSIVE dialup account which was only setting me
back my $20.00/month!

This Comcast "thing" is a flippin joke!

--
Valentn Guilln
Earth - a subsidiary of Microsoft?

2. Changing location of documents and settings directory; use of home folder

4. PostScript font dumper

5. Local Director's "show connection" and "show real" TCP count.

6. need help with weird cable

7. help:difference between "internet" and "Internet"

8. Is "telocity" down for the count??

9. """seeking telecom consultant per diem basis""""

10. My RR "Bigfile" experiences or "Five Days Down" !!.

11. Confused by the term "Rom Monitor", "RXBOOT", "Bootstrap"

12. "ignored", "deferred" vs "drops"