Zone Alarm and Win2k Pro

Post by Phil Shulma » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have had Zone Alarm installed on a dual boot (with Win98SE) Windows 2000
Professional system for about a month. In the last few days, my connection
speed with my cable modem has gone from usually being 1.5 Mbps to no better
than 400 Kbps.  Had the ISP run all sorts of tests and could not find any
problems.  Then they had me boot into Windows 98 where ZA is not installed
and I had no speed problems, was getting access readings close to 1 Mbps
(normal for me with Win98). I uninstalled ZA from Win2kPro, but I still am
getting lousy speeds.  Interestingly, I also installed ZA on a friends
computer that uses the same cable ISP (with Win98 SE) and now he has the
same speed problems that I have.  Anyone have any ideas before I do a
complete reinstall of Windows 2000?

Phil Shulman

Zone Alarm and Win2k Pro

Post by R.K. » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Reinstalling the W2K Service Pack fixed the same problem here.

Quote:> I have had Zone Alarm installed on a dual boot (with Win98SE) Windows 2000
> Professional system for about a month. In the last few days, my connection
> speed with my cable modem has gone from usually being 1.5 Mbps to no
better
> than 400 Kbps.  Had the ISP run all sorts of tests and could not find any
> problems.  Then they had me boot into Windows 98 where ZA is not installed
> and I had no speed problems, was getting access readings close to 1 Mbps
> (normal for me with Win98). I uninstalled ZA from Win2kPro, but I still am
> getting lousy speeds.  Interestingly, I also installed ZA on a friends
> computer that uses the same cable ISP (with Win98 SE) and now he has the
> same speed problems that I have.  Anyone have any ideas before I do a
> complete reinstall of Windows 2000?

> Phil Shulman

Zone Alarm and Win2k Pro

Post by news.fifthsunfilms.co » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:18:39

USing Zone Alarm with W2k Pro.  No problems with speed, usually 1.5mbps
(when the modem light is on) I also have all the windows updates installed.

Quote:> I have had Zone Alarm installed on a dual boot (with Win98SE) Windows 2000
> Professional system for about a month. In the last few days, my connection
> speed with my cable modem has gone from usually being 1.5 Mbps to no
better
> than 400 Kbps.  Had the ISP run all sorts of tests and could not find any
> problems.  Then they had me boot into Windows 98 where ZA is not installed
> and I had no speed problems, was getting access readings close to 1 Mbps
> (normal for me with Win98). I uninstalled ZA from Win2kPro, but I still am
> getting lousy speeds.  Interestingly, I also installed ZA on a friends
> computer that uses the same cable ISP (with Win98 SE) and now he has the
> same speed problems that I have.  Anyone have any ideas before I do a
> complete reinstall of Windows 2000?

> Phil Shulman

1. Zone Alarm Pro rulebase

Hi - is anyone aware of a way to clear out the Zone Alarm Pro rulebase ?

I've finally got my home LAN up and running but have managed to get the ZAP
rules in a bit of a mess, thought it might be easier to clear it all out and
start answering the prompts again about what can and can't anccess the
internet etc and which zone each network should be assigned to.

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

2. Win95 authenticate to W2K Server

3. Problem in 2K with Sniffer Pro and Zone Alarm

4. Heads up - "application" emails

5. Using Linksys router with Zone Alarm Pro and PC-cillin 2000

6. code generation options - property get/set

7. Zone Alarm Pro

8. PM Programming

9. Zone Alarm Pro problem after reintstall..............................anybody else??

10. Troubleshooting Zone Alarm Pro for ADSL

11. Win2k pro to Win2k Server directory access

12. 3COM USR 56K Voice Faxmodem Pro USB and Win2K Pro

13. Zone Alarm