DHCP fails/intermittent with Ambit 60194E cable modem

DHCP fails/intermittent with Ambit 60194E cable modem

Post by jaaro » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:23:31

Ambit USB Modem 60194E-A01
External Cable Modem w/USB and Ethernet
http://www.ambitbroadband.com

I can't get DHCP on the Cisco 7960 IP Phone to work connected to a
Ambit 60194E, I see the phone sending packets, but the phone never
gets a ip address.  Sometimes my PC won't get a IP address either.
Any ideas?  The cable company confirms they see my mac addresses, and
I am paying for 2 DHCP sessions.

I have a Cisco 7960 IP Phone connected to a Toshiba cable modem with
no issues, but this is the first Ambit I have seen.

I think this Ambit is either cheap or flaky -jason