slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by moon » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:50:00

anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net   for the
past few days

Post by Bit Twiste » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:08:26

> anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net   for the
> past few days

Working pretty fast down in Texas. Seems some northern stats are
having problems.

slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by Damasus Drivers Ministrie » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:24:46

blabbling:

...anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net
for the
...past few days

Yes. I have. and it stinks.

-Chuck

P.S. it's because comcast is merging thier servers with ATTBI

which stinks.

enjoy!

-Me

slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by RC » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:36:28

I just got Comcast (Internet/Cable), I was with RCN, and I have to say that
so far their web site and e-mail is unreliable and slow. On the other hand I
don't really care about these as long as the internet access is working and
fast. Their customer support is better then RCN so far,

Quote:> anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net   for the
> past few days

slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by Wayne Roo » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:37:28

From Cape May, NJ. Yep, still sluggish. I hope it returns to what it was
just a week ago, which was really quick.

Wayne R.

Post by Charles Ret » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:28:54

> anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net   for the
> past few days

Past few days very sluggish in Detroit MI, though haven't had a full
timeout.
Long delay to login/authenticate, took minute or so to d/l an email of
a short paragraph of plain text; long delay to sign off and clear.
--
chuck reti
detroit mi

slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by Marti » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:17:17

It's been terrible for several days now in southern Arizona.

And, I just found out that an e-mail from my boss was bounced back to
him as SPAM. I wonder if Comcast is blocking all mail from certain
sources like they did (still do?) from AOL?

slow pop mail retrival comcast

Post by remove clothes to emai » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:12:22

you are not using "mail.comcast.net"  instead you typed "pop3.comcast.net"
maybe check into that difference...
hth
Bill T

Quote:> anyone having a slow, timing out get mail from pop3.comcast.net   for the
> past few days

---