Viewing Phone Line Status for Modem

Post by jprokot » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Does software exist for Windows 95 that would show what particular
phone line is in use by a particular devices - cable modem,
data/fax/voice modem, etc...?  I have two phone lines and would like to
have, for example, an icon on the Windows 95 toolbar that would show me
what devices (telephone, data modem, cable modem, etc...) are using
which phone line at any given time?  This is particularly useful if
someone in the house is using Line 2 for the telephone and I need to
connect to the Internet using Line 1 (I have a phone line switch where I
can dial-out using Line 1 or Line 2).  Does such software exist?

Joe

Viewing Phone Line Status for Modem

Post by BD » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Nope, but you can buy a little box with lights on it that shows which lines
are in use.. Just sit it near the switch-box you're using now.
No idea who might sell one, but........

Quote:>Does software exist for Windows '95 that would show what particular
>phone line is in use by a particular devices - cable modem,
>data/fax/voice modem, etc...?  I have two phone lines and would like to
>have, for example, an icon on the Windows 95 toolbar that would show me
>what devices (telephone, data modem, cable modem, etc...) are using
>which phone line at any given time?  This is particularly useful if
>someone in the house is using Line 2 for the telephone and I need to
>connect to the Internet using Line 1 (I have a phone line switch where I
>can dial-out using Line 1 or Line 2).  Does such software exist?

>Joe

Viewing Phone Line Status for Modem

Post by Tim Higgin » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Radio Shack P/N 430-0108. This is for a single line.

> Nope, but you can buy a little box with lights on it that shows which lines
> are in use.. Just sit it near the switch-box you're using now.
> No idea who might sell one, but........

1. Selecting a phone line in a two line office phone system

O.K., I need some help here today.  I have an office phone system with two
phone lines.  There is a dedicated computer line for the desktop, but it
would be nice to be logged on at the same time using my laptop and
accessing on of the other phone lines.

Is there a program out there, (where can I find) that will force the modem
to select a line for out going calls.  The phone system is a Nortel
Meridian Centrex system.

thanks in advance for any help.
Robert Scott Sustar

2. Collection Property design time error

3. Subject: Callers Cut of Second Phone Lines Re: Subject: Callers Cut of Second Phone Lines

4. Pfs

5. How to get modem status after line drop

6. AMD vs INTEL -snooper benchtest's

7. Q:28.8 modem and triple line phone line

8. AD Migration Error

9. Using 2 line phone jack with modem intended for one line

10. modem check line status?

11. Soundcard/Voice modem/Phone/Phone line integration solution

12. Soundcard/Voice Modem/Phone/Phone Line Integration Solution