Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by Rajesh Rahej » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:23:52



Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport Ethernet
10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which have a
slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a desktop.

just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since I
have this extra card).

Thanks
Rajesh

 
 
 

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by Halfto » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:38:59


http://www.scmmicro.com/security/swapbox.html

the SBP-C2CP is a rear mounted Breakout with 2 type II cardbus sockets
a front mounted is not available due to Cardbus cable length requirements
this takes up 2 Slots of your Desktops motherboard 1 for Breakout & 1 for
PCI Interface card

Joe


Quote:> Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport
Ethernet
> 10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

> I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which have a
> slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a
desktop.

> just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since I
> have this extra card).

> Thanks
> Rajesh


 
 
 

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by DKH » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:26:27


You can buy a 3com PCI nic for $75 or less?


> http://www.scmmicro.com/security/swapbox.html

> the SBP-C2CP is a rear mounted Breakout with 2 type II cardbus sockets
> a front mounted is not available due to Cardbus cable length requirements
> this takes up 2 Slots of your Desktops motherboard 1 for Breakout & 1 for
> PCI Interface card

> Joe



> > Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport
> Ethernet
> > 10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

> > I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which have
a
> > slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a
> desktop.

> > just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since I
> > have this extra card).

> > Thanks
> > Rajesh

 
 
 

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by jt.. » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 02:13:32



: Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport Ethernet
: 10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

: I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which have a
: slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a desktop.

: just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since I
: have this extra card).

They exist but it'd be much cheaper to just buy a PCI 10/100
network card.

Jamie

 
 
 

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by Bria » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 04:22:47


You can get a good PCI NIC for less than $20 if you check your local office max,
best buy, or circuit city stores. I'm sure any available adapter would be more
than that if available.

> Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport Ethernet
> 10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

> I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which have a
> slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a desktop.

> just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since I
> have this extra card).

> Thanks
> Rajesh

 
 
 

Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

Post by Halfto » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:28:16


DKH
actually you can get brand new PCI 10/100 Nics for less than $20 US

But his question was whether a Pccard to PCI adapter existed, not how much
"you" pay for PCI nic's
<G>

Joe


> You can buy a 3com PCI nic for $75 or less?



> > http://www.scmmicro.com/security/swapbox.html

> > the SBP-C2CP is a rear mounted Breakout with 2 type II cardbus sockets
> > a front mounted is not available due to Cardbus cable length
requirements
> > this takes up 2 Slots of your Desktops motherboard 1 for Breakout & 1
for
> > PCI Interface card

> > Joe



> > > Are there any adapters which can let me use my old Xircom Realport
> > Ethernet
> > > 10/100 with Modem cardbus (PCMCIA) to my desktop PCI slot.

> > > I saw ads for similar adapters for wireless network adapters which
have
> a
> > > slot to fit in the wireless pcmcia card so that it can be used in a
> > desktop.

> > > just thought if anyone knew of a similar adapter for my adapter (since
I
> > > have this extra card).

> > > Thanks
> > > Rajesh

 
 
 

1. PCI PC-Card Drive supports all Wireless LAN PCMCIA cards.

The new PCI PC-Card Drive is compatible with all Wireless LAN
cards from Cisco, 3Com, ELSA etc. and supports all PCMCIA
interrupts without using a second ISA board.

Informations available under http://www.inesinc.com/pcmdrive.htm

Best regards,

Friedel Hacker

-----------------------------------------------------------

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. CDX problem - help!

3. PCI PC-Card Drive supports all PCMCIA and CardBus cards like Modem, LAN, ISDN etc.

4. OS/2 UPGRADE ADVICE

5. using a PCI card instead of a ISA network card, any point?

6. problems

7. Wanted "AirSurfer" PC Network Cards & PCMCIA cards

8. PC WITHOUT a slot for a network card - Is there a way to network it??

9. My Modem and Network Card were fighting for PCI slot #2,

10. Multi PCI network cards in one slot?

11. PCMCIA card - modem or pci card in device manager?

12. PCI PC-Card Drive supports CardBus (32 Bit) and all PCMCIA interrupts.