Running a web accelerator on a LAN

Post by John J. Gil » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> which is connected to a server running Sygate 2.1. There are two NICs in my
> server. One for the connection to the cable modem and the other one connects
> to a hub through which I have other pc's connected. I would like to know if
> there is a way that I can run a web accelerator on my server and be able to
> enjoy the speed gain through each of my other connected pc's? If so, which
> web accelerators are the best ?

A web accellerator?  Just when you thought you knew it all <g> !  I am not sure
what you are looking for.  If your other computers are connected to the Intervet
via your Sygate server, then they should perform pretty darn snappy.  In fact,
you should be able to access the web on those machines at roughly the same speed
as your Sygate machine.

What am I missing ?

John

Running a web accelerator on a LAN

Post by Chuck Unga » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I think it's by the same company that makes Ram Doublers. Software patches for
insufficient hardware.

> > which is connected to a server running Sygate 2.1. There are two NICs in my
> > server. One for the connection to the cable modem and the other one connects
> > to a hub through which I have other pc's connected. I would like to know if
> > there is a way that I can run a web accelerator on my server and be able to
> > enjoy the speed gain through each of my other connected pc's? If so, which
> > web accelerators are the best ?

> A web accellerator?  Just when you thought you knew it all <g> !  I am not sure
> what you are looking for.  If your other computers are connected to the Intervet
> via your Sygate server, then they should perform pretty darn snappy.  In fact,
> you should be able to access the web on those machines at roughly the same speed
> as your Sygate machine.

> What am I missing ?

> John

Running a web accelerator on a LAN

Post by Tom Perkin » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

More or less a caching web proxy server.  Don't know what's available
for Windows.  If you find something let us know what if any improvement
you see.

Some ISPs run these for their clients.  Maybe your ISP is already
running one?

Regards
Tom