Has this become the Comcast NG?

Post by Lars M. Hanse » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:10:42

Considering the fact that a large amount of ATT(bi) customers was just
"transitioned" into Comcast, one would expect a disproportionate amount
of messages regarding issues with this transition...

But no, it's not a comcast NG.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

Has this become the Comcast NG?

Post by Larr » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:24:11

The worse the service or the greater the problems or the worse the
tech support........the greater the percentage of posting to this
newsgroup.

I hardly ever see a Knology complaint, the system I use that wipes
Comcrap's ass in Charleston, SC......(c;

I used to be a Com*customer.  I read it for old-time's-sake....

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:10:42 GMT, Lars M. Hansen

>Considering the fact that a large amount of ATT(bi) customers was just
>"transitioned" into Comcast, one would expect a disproportionate amount
>of messages regarding issues with this transition...

>But no, it's not a comcast NG.

>Lars M. Hansen
>http://www.veryComputer.com/
>(replace 'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

73 de Larry W4CharlestonSC
RF radiation hazards since 1957...

Post by Warre » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:10:05

> The worse the service or the greater the problems or the worse the
> tech support........the greater the percentage of posting to this
> newsgroup.

Not quite. 1% of 1,000,000 is 10,000, and 2% of 10,000 is 200. So if the
service with 1,000,000 has 1% posting messages of dissatisfaction, then
they're still going to have 50 times as many messages posted as a
service with 10,000 customers, but twice the percentage of dissatisfied
customers.

But there's another error in that logic. People who aren't dissatisfied
post, too.

Even after things settle down from the ATTBI transition, you'll still
see more Comcast postings here than questions about any other service
simply because they have the most customers. They have the most
dissatisfied customers, but they also have the most satisfied customers,
too. Comcast simply has the most customers.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Webhosting: 500MB Space, 30G Transfer, 7.95/mo.
http://www.holzemville.com/refer/

Has this become the Comcast NG?

Post by Matt » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:30:15

I like Comcast and I liked ATTBI. Both have had good (not excellent)
customer service and are always eager to help.
Sounds like a good company to me. No, they aren't perfect but who is?

> > The worse the service or the greater the problems or the worse the
> > tech support........the greater the percentage of posting to this
> > newsgroup.

> Not quite. 1% of 1,000,000 is 10,000, and 2% of 10,000 is 200. So if the
> service with 1,000,000 has 1% posting messages of dissatisfaction, then
> they're still going to have 50 times as many messages posted as a
> service with 10,000 customers, but twice the percentage of dissatisfied
> customers.

> But there's another error in that logic. People who aren't dissatisfied
> post, too.

> Even after things settle down from the ATTBI transition, you'll still
> see more Comcast postings here than questions about any other service
> simply because they have the most customers. They have the most
> dissatisfied customers, but they also have the most satisfied customers,
> too. Comcast simply has the most customers.

> --
> Warren H.

> ==========
> Disclaimer: My views reflect those of myself, and not my
> employer, my friends, nor (as she often tells me) my wife.
> Any resemblance to the views of anybody living or dead is
> coincidental. No animals were hurt in the writing of this
> response -- unless you count my dog who desperately wants
> to go outside now.

> Webhosting: 500MB Space, 30G Transfer, 7.95/mo.
> http://www.holzemville.com/refer/

Has this become the Comcast NG?

Post by Kimberly Murphy-Smit » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:24:35

No, it just seems that way.

Comcast group.  Occasionally it looks like the Cox group.  It runs in
stages.

http://members.aol.com/kimmurphy/

Kimberly's Barbie Collection:
http://members.aol.com/kimmurphy/barbies.html

1. Comcast High-Speed Internet Enhances Comcast.net to Become

     Comcast High-Speed Internet Enhances Comcast.net to Become
     Broadband Destination Site

Movie Trailers, Magazine-Quality Pictures, Games, Videos, News, Financial
Tools and More Highlight Broadband Experience at New Comcast.net

PHILADELPHIA, July 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast High-Speed Internet
customers now can experience a rich selection of multimedia services,
features and content with the recent improvements to Comcast.net, a
newly developed premier broadband destination site that comes included
with Comcast High-Speed Internet service.  Comcast.net is designed to
help customers take full advantage of the power and capabilities of
their high-speed, always-on Internet connections.

     - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=34703185

2. catch double click in databrowser

3. Anyone having problems with comcast.net E-mail?

4. calling configPPP ?

5. Anybody Having Speed Issues With Comcast@home [White Lake, MI]

6. Swapper Question: C: or D:?

7. unable to resolve *.comcast.net addresses using comcast dns servers

8. Monday is the key day.

9. Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?

10. Comcast Silver versus Comcast Gold

11. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!

12. Comcast South Jersey -Anyone getting E-mail @ comcast.net

13. comcast.net and non-comcast e-mail addresses