AUI-to-AUI? How?

Post by Christopher A. Edmon » Sun, 07 Jul 1996 04:00:00

[ Article crossposted from comp.dcom.lans.ethernet ]
[ Author was Christopher A. Edmonds ]
[ Posted on 6 Jul 1996 04:49:56 GMT ]

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to connect two AUI ports together? I have
a Sparc2 that only has an AUI ethernet interface, and I want to network it,
but the only availble port on the hub is the AUI port there. Can I construct
a cable with two male ends that swaps TX amd RX? If so, what to do about the
COLL signal?

Anyway, I'd prefer not to have to buy two more transceivers. Anyone know
if this is possible? If so, please describe the cable pinout, etc.

Thanx!

--
|--\/--| /-------/        || Christopher A. Edmonds - Dept of Electrical Eng

|_|  |_|   |__|           || WWW--->http://www.fiu.edu/~edmondsc/ |***SOCA***|

--

Post by James Bak » Sun, 07 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I was wondering if it was possible to connect two AUI ports together? I have
> a Sparc2 that only has an AUI ethernet interface, and I want to network it,

I have a AUI hub no longer in use. 4 AUI ports connect to the box and
there's a power supply. Yours for $50 if you want it. You'll need your own
AUI cables.

--
James Baker
Seattle, WA

1. AUI-to-AUI? How?

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to connect two AUI ports together? I have
a Sparc2 that only has an AUI ethernet interface, and I want to network it,
but the only availble port on the hub is the AUI port there. Can I construct
a cable with two male ends that swaps TX amd RX? If so, what to do about the
COLL signal?

Anyway, I'd prefer not to have to buy two more transceivers. Anyone know
if this is possible? If so, please describe the cable pinout, etc.

Thanx!

--
|--\/--| /-------/        || Christopher A. Edmonds - Dept of Electrical Eng
|      |/__   __/ M A X I || Florida International University, Miami, Florida

|_|  |_|   |__|           || WWW--->http://www.fiu.edu/~edmondsc/ |***SOCA***|

2. CfP Euro-Par 2001: Topic 04 -- Compilers for High Performance

3. AUI to AUI (router to hub)

4. Dropdown list

5. AUI to AUI (without Transceiver) how?

6. Technical Reference Series for A1000

7. latex2rtf installation. Help! (2)

8. AUI 2 AUI inverted cable

9. AUI to AUI

10. AUI to AUI cable

11. AUI to AUI cheaply, how?

12. Can connect AUI to AUI without transcievers?