1. "Transition Wizard" Package Includes Spyware
Brian Roberts President, CEO
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
I wanted to make you aware of an error that was committed by Comcast
when it misrepresented the nature of its "Transition Wizard," to every
Attbi customer who was being migrated from Attbi to Comcast.
The piece of software which your company implored everyone on the AT&T
system to download, in your company's description, was to make the
transition smoother. However, unannounced, but also contained in the
wizard, was another bit of code (software) which purposefully
attacked/affected every one of your new customer's browsers.
Microsoft tech support called it "virus like," as did Joanne in your
customer service facility in Denver. Every computer/internet expert
(many in Boulder) informed me that Comcast intended to use this new
add-on as a spy to report, possibly for marketing goals, on people's
While your customer service department and tech support department
act/acted like Bevis and Butthead at every turn of my attempting to
unravel my computer and consumer problem, it seems QWEST was/is
seizing this opportunity by offering fantastic deals to all Comcast
telephone subscribers and soon internet subscribers.
All Comcast had to do was admit their mistake and honestly attempt to
right it. Instead the problem grows (look at the internet chat-rooms
and newspaper articles in the next week) and the company's credibility
plummets day after day on the internet. Don't you folks understand,
you are like a utility, trust is essential! Comcast destroyed that
trust and does not want to fix it.
I demand all customers be notified of the problem, immediately, and a
fix of some sort be offered to all. You need to hire some people whose
heads are out of the sand. Finally, I would like to see a public
apology for Comcast's betrayal of the public trust.
CC by Mail
to Boulder City Council
2. question on matrix of K_Loeve?
3. Comcast "Rust" or Comcast "Tarnish" service?
4. What do You think about that?
5. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!
6. process has 90+% of cpu
7. Help wanted!!!!********"""""""""///////
8. Possible to use full screen DDraw and keep menu bar up?
9. How Do I Install a PCMCIA Card Modem with not using the "Hardware Wizard"??
10. """seeking telecom consultant per diem basis""""
11. Confused by the term "Rom Monitor", "RXBOOT", "Bootstrap"
12. "ignored", "deferred" vs "drops"
13. modems from "Cardinal," "Zoom," and "Evertex"