@home signs deal with Cogeco

Post by Brian M. Trot » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 30, 1998 Expanding its presence in

high-speed Internet services via cable infrastructure, and Cogeco
Cable, Inc., Canadas fourth largest cable operator, today announced
plans to deliver high-speed Internet services in key markets in

and is planned to begin deployment by the fall of 1998.

service approach, combined with our local broadband network, will
ensure our customers have the fastest, most robust Internet service
available."

Shaws systems together represent nearly 5 million households passed
by cable.

Recognizing Canadas distinct marketplace, Cogeco Cable, Rogers and

to reflect and promote Canadas unique and cultural and geographic
characteristics.

"The expanding Internet frontier doesnt stop at U.S. borders. By
joining forces with Cogeco Cable, and our continued relationship with

speed Internet access and services that makes Internet usage both
productive and fun," said Dean Gilbert, senior vice president and

Cogeco Cable is rebuilding its cable television systems to state-of

broadband national content. The alliance will position Cogecos
customers at the forefront of a new generation of high-speed
communications.

                Cogeco Cable Inc.
Cogeco, the fourth largest cable operator in Canada is a diversified
communications company that strives to meet the communications needs
of consumers and advertisers through distribution and broadcasting. In
addition to its cable television service, Cogeco operates four
television stations and two radio stations which broadcast on Quebecs
major markets through its subsidiary, Cogeco Radio-Television Inc.
Cogeco regularly engages in research and development projects, in
collaboration with well known partners, in order to stay at the
forefront of the communications technologies that contribute to the
expansion of its operations.

Cogecos shares are traded on the Montreal and Toronto Stock Exchanges
under the symbols [CGA and CGO].
Brian M. Trotta
Founder: comp.dcom.modems.cable
The newsgroup about cable internet access.

When replying, please remove the spam killer from my e-mail address.

I work for me. I speak for me. That's the way I like it.