Comcast software

Post by Frankie Hower » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:23:14

What do I need this for? I have already transitioned to the new network.
They have sent me my new e-mail username and password. Can't I just go into
Outlook Express, set up the new account myself and be done with it? What
does the Comcast software do exactly? Is it a customised web browser or
e-mail tool? I was leery of installing it with all the disclaimers about
'you agree not to sue us when we*up your computer and/or sell your
personal information for profit' etc. Will I be denied internet connectivity
somehow if I don't install it?

Sheesh.

Comcast software

Post by Don Burnett » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:30:26

You do not need it in any way. Yes, go into OE and set it up yourself.
Outgoing mail: smtp.comcast.net
Incoming mail: mail.comcast.net

The comcast software installs the customized browser, their logos, and
enters the above info into OE for you.
No way will I install their software. I have already added my comcast.net
email account by doing the above , and it works.

Don Burnette

Quote:> What do I need this for? I have already transitioned to the new network.
> They have sent me my new e-mail username and password. Can't I just go
into
> Outlook Express, set up the new account myself and be done with it? What
> does the Comcast software do exactly? Is it a customised web browser or
> e-mail tool? I was leery of installing it with all the disclaimers about
> 'you agree not to sue us when we*up your computer and/or sell your
> personal information for profit' etc. Will I be denied internet
connectivity
> somehow if I don't install it?

> Sheesh.

Comcast software

Post by Lonewol » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:11:43

Don't forget the spyware that comes with it.........

> You do not need it in any way. Yes, go into OE and set it up yourself.
> Outgoing mail: smtp.comcast.net
> Incoming mail: mail.comcast.net

> The comcast software installs the customized browser, their logos, and
> enters the above info into OE for you.
> No way will I install their software. I have already added my comcast.net
> email account by doing the above , and it works.

> Don Burnette

> > What do I need this for? I have already transitioned to the new network.
> > They have sent me my new e-mail username and password. Can't I just go
> into
> > Outlook Express, set up the new account myself and be done with it? What
> > does the Comcast software do exactly? Is it a customised web browser or
> > e-mail tool? I was leery of installing it with all the disclaimers about
> > 'you agree not to sue us when we*up your computer and/or sell your
> > personal information for profit' etc. Will I be denied internet
> connectivity
> > somehow if I don't install it?

> > Sheesh.

1. Comcast Software

I loaded comcast's software on my computer and my daughter's(big
mistake)  I should have read this NG first.  Anyway we both are having
a great deal of problems. I didn't correlate my problems with the
software until my daughter called me and said she was having the same
problems.  I tried to fix my computer by re-installing windows 98 se.
That fixed my general computer problems, but I cannot get online with
that computer.  I am running a linksys router and having spent a great
deal of time with their tech support, it was determined that I have
lost the winsock on that machine.  Is there any way to fix this
problem without having to do a clean install of win 98?  Also I have
read in this group that people have removed all traces of the Comcast
software from their machine.  Just exactly how can we do that?  I
appreciate any help.

2. Help - Others on my peer network can't see me.

3. Why not to bother with installing Comcast software

4. how do I do a mailto in fp97?

5. For fun, I installed comcast software...

6. Error while passing empty string(system.dbnull.value.tostring) to sp_xml_preparedocument xmltext

7. comcast software

8. Help me

9. Comcast Web Based "Support" Problem --- Do Not Install Any Software from Comcast!!!!!!

10. ComCast Cellular Finally Upgrades its Software

11. Comcast blames WinMX software for slow speeds?

12. Comcast & FTP Software

13. Comcast Spy Software