SyGate help needed

Post by Scott Raulinaiti » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I just installed SyGate and have my "Client" computer hooked into my
"Server", both running Windows 98.  Internet access works fine on the client
but I can't seem to receive any mail.  When I click "Send and Receive" I get
an error which states "The host 'mail' could not be found.  Please verify
that you have entered the server name correctly.  Account: 'Mail', Server:
'mail', Protocol: 'POP3', Port: 110", etc...

I would greatly appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance!

SyGate help needed

Post by George Maren » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I just installed SyGate and have my "Client" computer hooked into my
>"Server", both running Windows 98.  Internet access works fine on the client
>but I can't seem to receive any mail.  When I click "Send and Receive" I get
>an error which states "The host 'mail' could not be found.  Please verify
>that you have entered the server name correctly.  Account: 'Mail', Server:
>'mail', Protocol: 'POP3', Port: 110", etc...

Mail works fine on your server machine but not on your client machine,
both with identical settings for the Mail server? Is that right?

SyGate help needed

Post by Scott Raulinaiti » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Yes, that's right.

>Mail works fine on your server machine but not on your client machine,
>both with identical settings for the Mail server? Is that right?

SyGate help needed

Post by Timote » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Are you getting Internet connectivity?

SyGate help needed

Post by Laurence Brockma » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Try using A FQDN for you mail client. This means that the it is
receiving either:
   1) no response when it queries for this name, or
   2) a response that says it doesn't exist

Hope this helps.

Laurence

--
Legal Warning: Do NOT send unsolicited commercial
email to me - consider this as an official notice:

   "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
    meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By
Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
    it is UNLAWFUL to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such
equipment.
    By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
    PUNISHABLE by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
    whichever is greater, for each violation."

SyGate help needed

Post by Scott Raulinaiti » Sun, 05 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Well, I was able to get my e-mail to work by setting my DNS entry identical
to the DNS entry of my "server".  However, according to the setup
instructions for SyGate (as I interpreted them),  I should be setting my DNS
server IP address to be the IP address of my "server" and not setting
anything in the Domain or Domain Search Order boxes.  One other thing I'm
wondering about, when I look at the Properties of my new network card (the
one tied to my other computer, not the one connected to the cable modem),
the settings for DNS are identical to the Properties for the card that's
connected to my cable modem.  Is this right/normal?  Please excuse my
relative ignorance as I'm new to networking and am actually quite pleased
that I've gotten things working as well as I have in a day.  Any
comments/suggestions?

Scott

SyGate help needed

Post by George Maren » Sun, 05 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Well, I was able to get my e-mail to work by setting my DNS entry identical
>to the DNS entry of my "server".  However, according to the setup
>instructions for SyGate (as I interpreted them),  I should be setting my DNS
>server IP address to be the IP address of my "server" and not setting
>anything in the Domain or Domain Search Order boxes.  One other thing I'm
>wondering about, when I look at the Properties of my new network card (the
>one tied to my other computer, not the one connected to the cable modem),
>the settings for DNS are identical to the Properties for the card that's
>connected to my cable modem.  Is this right/normal?  Please excuse my
>relative ignorance as I'm new to networking and am actually quite pleased
>that I've gotten things working as well as I have in a day.  Any
>comments/suggestions?

>Scott

As I understood it, if your computer is running DNS services, you use
the IP of the computer running Sygate. If it's not, you use the DNS of
that the cable company gave to you. At least that's how I have it set
up and it works great.

1. PC-to-Phone with Sygate help needed!!

I have 2 computers sharing Internet through Cable

Problem: 2 ways calls can be made with the computer directly connected
to the Internet
but the second computer thats sharing can make calls but I can not hear
the person
I'm calling, there is zero sound coming in but the other side can hear
me.

(All other voice chats work ...IE.... Yahoo....Firetalk.....and
soundcard is FULL Duplex and configured properly for it)

I have Sygate installed but I do not know what to put in the APPRULE.CFG
file
to allow incoming traffic to PC-to-Phone.

All thats on the sygate info page is regarding ICQ and NET2PHONE and a
few other supported apps.

I would like to have something that I can just paste into the Sygate
APPRULE.CFG file
if thats possible.

I have almost zero knowledge of UDP and TCP, so any basic instructions
or  just something
to cut and paste into APPRULE.CFG would be very much appreciated! :)

Below is the response from DeltaThree Help regarding this question
I may not be a network wizard but I'm pretty sure it's just a way
of saying we don't support anyone who's using a home network.

Dear Customer,

If you use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), please be sure to disable
it with the 'enable/disable' option on your task bar. You may then make
calls only from the computer that is directly connected to your ISP.

It is not possible to place calls from the hub computer.

Sincerely,

Aryeh
Customer Service

Below is the error that SETUP WIZARD gives me if this helps.

The following ports needed for PC-to-Phone are closed:
Incoming TCP:
 12053
 12083

Outgoing UDP:
 24159
 24160
 24161
 24162
 24163

Incoming UDP:
 12120
 12122
 24150
 24151
 24152
 24153
 24154
 24155
 24156
 24157
 24158
 24159
 24160
 24161
 24162
 24163
 24164
 24165
 24166
 24167
 24168
 24169
 24170
 24171
 24172
 24173
 24174
 24175
 24176
 24177
 24178
 24179

2. DECwriter 100i

3. need sygate port map help

4. ANN: Team Coherence Updated

5. Lots of help now needed with Sygate

6. Official NetSuite Announcement

7. Repost: Help needed with Sygate

8. Psion Revo. Good compatibility?

9. MediaOne RR networked with SyGate NAT - Help needed (DHCP problem?)

10. Cable modem, sygate and games help needed

11. Need help - AOL Instant Messenger and Sygate

12. i need help in sygate

13. Sygate client, server configuration and sygate crashes