Charter & Linksys - Having to reboot the Cable Modem and Linksys router

Charter & Linksys - Having to reboot the Cable Modem and Linksys router

Post by Charte » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:30:00

Charter made some changes to our system, the specific changes are unknown,
but I have to power cycle the cable modem and linksys router before I can
use the internet if I have been inactive overnight.  The PC was left on all
night and I still had to do a power cycle.

Any suggestions or ideas?

--
Best Regards,
Ben

1. Linksys cable modem with Linksys router is SLOWER than with Com21 modem

Decided to purchase a cable modem to replace the leased Com21. I tested the
speeds in different combinations using two different sites:
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/tools

The bare Linksys modem was the same speed as the Com21 modem with the
Linksys router.
The Linksys modem/router combination was the slowest.

I did not test the Com21 without the router, but it was disappointing to
find the Linksys modem/router combination was slower than the Com21
modem/Linksys router combination.

Any ideas here? When I "registered" the new Linksys modem with ATT, it said
I had to remove the router, so I did. But once I put the router back in, the
speeds slowed down considerable.

Any ideas?

COM21 AND LINKSYS ROUTER
Test running..Downloaded 60900bytes in 687ms
Downloaded 313200bytes in 1375ms
First guess is 1822kbps
fairly fast line - now test 2mb
Downloaded 1679100bytes in 9578ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 219ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 172ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 187ms
Upload got ok 50000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 50000bytes in 3281ms
Upload got ok 100000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 100000bytes in 6594ms

** Speed 1402(down)/124(up) kbps **
(At least 28 times faster than a 56k modem)
Logged result.
Finish.

LINKSYS CABLE MODEM AND LINKSYS ROUTER
Test running..Downloaded 60900bytes in 687ms
Downloaded 313200bytes in 2000ms
First guess is 1252kbps
fairly fast line - now test 2mb
Downloaded 1679100bytes in 14453ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 172ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 188ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 172ms
Upload got ok 50000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 50000bytes in 3453ms
Upload got ok 100000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 100000bytes in 6750ms

** Speed 929(down)/121(up) kbps **
(At least 18 times faster than a 56k modem)
Logged result.
Finish.

LINKSYS CABLE MODEM - NO ROUTER
Test running..Downloaded 60900bytes in 687ms
Downloaded 313200bytes in 1281ms
First guess is 1955kbps
fairly fast line - now test 2mb
Downloaded 1679100bytes in 9610ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 234ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 188ms
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 265ms
Upload got ok 50000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 50000bytes in 3422ms
Upload got ok 100000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 100000bytes in 6719ms

** Speed 1397(down)/122(up) kbps **
(At least 27 times faster than a 56k modem)
Logged result.
Finish.

2. Address Book - Copying Whole Record?

3. Still need help-Linksys Router & Charter Cable

4. My favorite keyboard (was Re: Incompetant user stories...)

5. One way cable modem & Linksys Cable/DSL router

6. FrameMaker for the Mac

7. Charter cable / Linksys router - DHCP lease?

8. Permissions greyed out

9. Linksys & Charter/Earthlink Cable (St. Louis)

10. Still having problems with WinME and Linksys 4port cable/dsl router

11. Yet another low speed post with a Linksys Router (Linksys Cable/DSL VOIP - BEFN2PS4 )

12. Poor Connection - Linksys Wireless Router & Comcast RCA Cable Modem

13. Help Needed - Linksys BEFSR41 Router & BEFCMU10 Cable Modem