conductive load bar

Post by Bo » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:19:42

I bought some modular RJ45 CAT6 plugs with a
"conductive load bar".  This seems to be
a piece of plastic with holes to align
the conductors as I insert them into the plug.

I assume the conductive load bar is a labor saving
gizmo that also helps keep the pairs twisted
until the last 1/4".

Is there more to it than that?

1. foo.bar vs foo.bar. notation

am skimming throu the Cricket book DNS And Bind, 3rd ed,
for the ABCs of the sys.  What's the difference between
the notation foo.bar and foo.bar. [notice the ending dot
"." character]. I saw them used in some examples of nslookup
etc. I understand sometimes the dot char is used to denote
the ROOT DNS name servers, as in Unix filesys's leading "/".
But does it make any difference to say
    nslookup a.b.c // and
    nslookup a.b.c.

thanks.
--

2. timing & special purpose registers

3. Opinions sought on the foo.bar => www.foo.bar DNS hack.

4. Different missing values when exporting?

5. CONDUCTIVE PLASTIC COAXIAL CABLE

6. Dumb Question About LATA/Toll

7. Load Balancing / Load Sharing over parallel paths

8. Ultima 9 and pathfinding

9. What Determines loading for the load-threshold

10. EIGRP and load balancing - metric with load

11. Load sharing versus Load Balancing

12. 2514 loaded under load - suggestions?

13. Load sharing versus Load Balancing