Best method for attatching rack to floor

Best method for attatching rack to floor

Post by JJ » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:01:33

I have been using red heads, on concrete floors and they are a pain in the
ass.
Anyone using anything different ?

Best method for attatching rack to floor

Post by Macy Hallo » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:29:00

+---------------

Quote:> I have been using red heads, on concrete floors and they are a pain in the
> ass.
> Anyone using anything different ?

Many of us still drill and use expansion anchors.
That's the spec for many jobs.

I've seen a number of installers use powder charge fastener guns to shoot
theaded studs into concrete floors with good results.  I've also seen a few
studs shot entirely thru the floor and into the space below...
--
+ Macy M. Hallock, Jr. + APK Net + Tel:216.241.7166 + Fax:216.241.7522 +
+  Speaking for myself. Anyone who agrees may need professional help.  +

Post by Daniel Hob » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 05:52:19

> I have been using red heads, on concrete floors and they are a pain in the
> ass.
> Anyone using anything different ?

Don't know what they are called but I use these

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/concrete_fasteners/expansion_...

You just drill a 3/8" hole in the floor, hammer em in the floor, and
tighten the nuts up

Best method for attatching rack to floor

Post by D R » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 06:45:02

Quote:> I've seen a number of installers use powder charge fastener guns to shoot
> theaded studs into concrete floors with good results.  I've also seen a few
> studs shot entirely thru the floor and into the space below...

When I was first exposed to these in the 6th grade as we built our house, I
asked my Dad why we got all three loads of the charges. As he showed me,
you test in a safe area of the pad before you start fastening. And you
start with the "lite" charge.

Post by James Knot » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 09:42:34

> Don't know what they are called but I use these

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/concrete_fasteners/expansion_...

Quote:

> You just drill a 3/8" hole in the floor, hammer em in the floor, and
> tighten the nuts up

They're called "Expansion Fasteners".  ;-)

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.

Post by Lizard Blizzar » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:07:26

>>I have been using red heads, on concrete floors and they are a pain in the
>>ass.
>>Anyone using anything different ?

> Don't know what they are called but I use these

> http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/concrete_fasteners/expansion_...

> You just drill a 3/8" hole in the floor, hammer em in the floor, and
> tighten the nuts up

Nothing wrong with those.  But if you're anchoring a rack to a cement
floor and the rack sits above on the raised floor, you need another foot
of thread to cover that distance.  So the ones that allow you to unscrew
the shaft and put a piece of allthread in will work okay.

--
----------------(from OED Mini-Dictionary)-----------------
PUNCTUATION - Apostrophe

Confusions: it's = it is or it has (not 'belonging to it'); correct
uses are ~it's here~ (= it is here); ~it's gone~ (= it has gone);
but ~the dog wagged its tail~ (no apostrophe).
----------------(For the Apostrophe challenged)----------------
 From a fully deputized officer of the Apostrophe Police!

<<Spammers use Weapons of Mass Distraction!>>

I bought some batteries, but they weren't included,
so I had to buy them again.
-- Steven Wright

FOR SALE: Nice parachute: never opened - used once.

.

1. Wall or floor mounted 19" rack and other Qs

This is to cable a 24-node LAN. The wiring closet is "big enough" (about
10' x 12'). The question is should we use a floor-mounted rack or a
wall-mounted one?

Part of me says the cost difference isn't much, and the floor-mounted
rack is more convenient. But on the other hand, the network is not
expected to grow, and even if it doubled, it would still have fewer than
50 nodes. So a 6' tall standing rack seems a little wasteful just to
hang a patch panel and a couple of 16-port switches. What are the pros
and cons of each?

Also, even for a small network like this, you can't mount a file server
on this type of 19" rack, can you? I didn't think so, but what do I
know?

2. Writers Seeking Publication

3. Small office and Wireless security..which method is best?

4. Scanning file by view problem

5. Best study methods

6. Installing pro

7. Best method to bridge btwn token & FastEthernet ???

8. Merging xml

9. best method possible?

10. QoS question - which method is best...

11. Advice Wanted about best methods and products

12. best method to test 3661

13. What's the best method to add B channels to a PRI setup?