Jones Intercable becomes @Home affiliate

Post by Brian M. Trot » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

                      Announce Affiliate Relationship

the leading provider of high-speed Internet services via cable
infrastructure, and Jones Intercable, Inc., one of the nations ten
largest cable operators, today announced plans to deliver high-speed
Internet services in key metropolitan markets including an initial
roll out to existing Jones Internet customers in the Washington DC
region.

is planned to begin deployment by the end of 1998. Under terms of the
agreement, which is pending Board approval, Jones Intercable will

were not released.

superior infrastructure for a new age in communications," said Jones

approach, combined with our local broadband network, will ensure our
customers have the fastest most robust Internet service available."

Jones Intercable is rebuilding its cable television systems to

unique broadband national content.

The alliance will position Jones Intercables customers at the
forefront of a new generation of high-speed communications.

Existing Internet customers now served by Jones in Alexandria, Va. and
Eastern Prince William County, Va. are expected to begin conversion to

significant concentration of homes in key metropolitan markets,
enhancing our potential service footprint," said Dean Gilbert, senior

provide a comprehensive multimedia rich solution that meets the
increasing demand for high-speed data services."

has developed a distributed, intelligent network that utilizes
sophisticated caching and replication technologies to create a
high-performance "parallel" Internet and brings the data closer to the

network management, greatly reduce the need for users to traverse the
global Internet for information, reducing Internet "traffic jams" and
dramatically improving network speed and reliability.

Jones Intercable, Inc.

Jones Intercable Inc. is among the nations ten largest multiple
system cable operating companies, serving approximately 1.4 million
customers in 17 states.

Brian M. Trotta
Founder: comp.dcom.modems.cable
The newsgroup about cable internet access.

When replying, please remove the spam killer from my e-mail address.

I work for me. I speak for me. That's the way I like it.

1. Recent BCI/Jones Intercable dealings

[from Bell News, 27 June 1994; content is Bell Canada's]

BCI, Jones Intercable fine-tune deal

Bell Canada International Inc. (BCI), responsible for the international
telecommunications investments and telecommunications consulting
services for our parent company BCE, and Jones Intercable, Inc. of
Colorado, have formally completed and signed a share purchase and
shareholder agreement.

Closing of the transaction is expected by late 1994, subject to certain
conditions including the acquisition by Jones Intercable of the assets
of Jones Spacelink, Ltd.

The closing will include the following transactions:

* BCI will purchase newly issued Class A shares of Jones Intercable
for $206 million U.S., thereby increasing its total investment in
Jones to $261 million U.S. for a 30 per cent interest.

* BCI will purchase from Jones International, Ltd. and Glenn Jones an
option worth $52 million U.S. for a controlling interest in Jones
Intercable, exercisable in the future.

* BCI will invest $35 million U.S. in other assets of Jones
International, including Jones Lightwave, Ltd., a competitive access
telecommunications service provider; Jones Education Networks, Inc.,
which operates the only distance network on basic cable television
offering academic degree programs; and Jones Entertainment, Ltd.,
which acquires, produces and distributes original film and television
entertainment programming.

Jones Intercable, Inc. is one of the largest cable television
operators in the United States. It is also the world's largest cable
television management company, managing cable operations for publicly
held entities. It manages operations in 20 states and three
countries.

2. Stripes in JPEGs

3. What speeds can I expect from Jones@home?

4. Multiple patches per msi

5. Jones@home in Tucson Arizona

6. Computers Of Yesteryear Websites

7. Jones@Home in Alexandria, VA -- Anyone?

8. what will become of web pages hosted on members.home.net?

9. Become an ISP via @Home!

10. Become A C.N.E. From Home!