Multi-user card for PC

Post by kah.. » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi, Goodies,

Does someone hear about any multi-user card that can enable a PC (386 or 486) to work like a server
for many dump-terminals?
Can someone tell me the brand name and where can I find it?

Thanks in advance!

Multi-user card for PC

  I think it's called a 'digiboard' but I have no idea where to find 'em.

--
Dave Rinker
   Georgia Correctional Institute of Technology  -- Atlanta, Georgia 30332

1. need inexpensive multi-user os for pc

Has anyone compared the overall price and performance of various
multi-user operating systems for PCs? I just started a project that requires
a multi-user OS that can meet the following requirements.

1. Low cost ( <$500 )
2. Support 2 users and 6 background tasks.
3. Support different priorities for processes.
4. Will run on nearly all PC clones (with 10Mhz, V20, 640K, etc.).
5. Support some reasonable subset of UNIX like commands and utilities.
6. Compatible with Turbo or Quick C.
7. Can reside on the same hard disk as MS-DOS.

Other nice things would be..

- support for extended memory.
- support for 80386 PC clones
- support for some type of process swapping (to disk) or virtual memory

I would especially like to know how Minix compares to PCNX from WENDIN.
I have used PCNX and it meets my 7 requirements however it hangs at times.

Thanks for any input!

Ken Rheingans

UUCP:   ...cit-vax\
        ...allegra!scgvaxd!tcville!ken
        ...seismo/

2. Could someone PLEASE post some MLE to file saving code?

3. multi-user and multi-level database access

4. Looking for SGI Mouse pads

5. Dealer Wanted: Network, terminals, and Multi-serial/user card

6. Themes and Child Webs (magic changing themes)

7. One PC with multi user??

8. URGENT !! PLEASE HELP !

9. LAN / MULTI SIO (up to 256) Cards for PC and VME

10. dumb PC serial multi-port card

11. Looking for Multi port RS485 PC CARD

12. PPTP VPN +XBOX = Playing HALO multi-user over the internet

13. Beta Testing Opportunity (multi-user cordless phone)