Does someone hear about any multi-user card that can enable a PC (386 or 486) to work like a server
for many dump-terminals?
Can someone tell me the brand name and where can I find it?
Thanks in advance!
I think it's called a 'digiboard' but I have no idea where to find 'em.
: Hi, Goodies,
: Does someone hear about any multi-user card that can enable a PC (386 or 486) to work like a server
: for many dump-terminals?
: Can someone tell me the brand name and where can I find it?
: Thanks in advance!
Georgia Correctional Institute of Technology -- Atlanta, Georgia 30332
Computer Science Undergraduate
Has anyone compared the overall price and performance of various
multi-user operating systems for PCs? I just started a project that requires
a multi-user OS that can meet the following requirements.
1. Low cost ( <$500 )
2. Support 2 users and 6 background tasks.
3. Support different priorities for processes.
4. Will run on nearly all PC clones (with 10Mhz, V20, 640K, etc.).
5. Support some reasonable subset of UNIX like commands and utilities.
6. Compatible with Turbo or Quick C.
7. Can reside on the same hard disk as MS-DOS.
Other nice things would be..
- support for extended memory.
- support for 80386 PC clones
- support for some type of process swapping (to disk) or virtual memory
I would especially like to know how Minix compares to PCNX from WENDIN.
I have used PCNX and it meets my 7 requirements however it hangs at times.
Thanks for any input!